Can I cut?

karmajunkeekarmajunkee Registered Users Posts: 4
I've been transitioning for 2 months. I can see some type of curl pattern (who knows what kind) and I really want to cut a piece...just a small piece in the middle. A VERY small piece. I saw a video and the woman said it's hard to tell your hair type until you cut it. Do yall think it'll mess me up in the long run if I don't cut it all at once? I mean, when I finally cut my hair, I don't want a tiny piece being way shorter than the rest.

Also, I was looking at the chart of hair types and I don't know what type I am. I have a picture of my hair. Can anyone tell what this is?

4099669411_aa197fee33_o.jpg

Comments

• MokahDeeLyteMokahDeeLyte Registered Users Posts: 132
    Lol I did that at my 4 month mark. If you do it, do it near the back of your head. I did my little cut on the side and it is so noticable when I wear ny hair down.

event.png
  • FunkyCurlGurlFunkyCurlGurl Registered Users Posts: 264
    Lol I did that at my 4 month mark. If you do it, do it near the back of your head. I did my little cut on the side and it is so noticable when I wear ny hair down.

Yeah, I'd definitely cut it near your nape. I cut a few pieces near my bang area, and they stick up hilariously.
    event.png

http://public.fotki.com/funkycurlgirl/
    "when I feel her jump up and dance / I hear the music! my God / i'm talking about my nappy hair!"
    - Lucille Clifton, "Homage to my Hair."
  • laz22girllaz22girl Registered Users Posts: 91
    One night at around 3AM I cut a piece smack dab in the middle of my hair...it's actually camoflauged, but how stupid of me! LOL. The feeling I felt after cutting that small piece made me realize I wasn't ready to BC LOL
  • ktip_naturalchicaktip_naturalchica Registered Users Posts: 72
    Girl, yes! I cut mine at about the 4 month mark too! But like everyone else, I cut a small piece near the nape of my neck as well. I was so beatiful and I was estatic! I can't wait for it to grow out some more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file