NYC...Again lol

xoxoKev31xoxoKev31 Posts: 16Registered Users
so apparently I JUST missed the NYC gathering that went down on Sat. that really sucks. SO who's down for a second one? lol

edit: Meet up will be on Jan. 30th @ 1pm @ Night of the Cookers:thumbright:

Comments

• MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Posts: 827Registered Users
    I'd be down as long as it isnt too soon. Maybe sometime in December.
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: http://public.fotki.com/MissKinkyCoily/ : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg
  • CoilsKinksCurlsCoilsKinksCurls Posts: 418Registered Users
    I'll come! I have fam in NY an visit quite often since I live in NJ. Just let me know when!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check Out my YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CoilsKinksCurls

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
    Don't like it, just keep walkin!!
    :walk:
  • MrsComboCurlzMrsComboCurlz Posts: 625Registered Users
    I would luv to meet other fellow Curli Girlie'z...:occasion5:
    *Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
    *Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
    *Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
    *Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
    *Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
    *Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
    * LCSO Method
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was at the last one but I'll def come to another one! I know there are some other NYC curlies in the 4 area that wanna come too!
    comic-p.jpg
  • xoxoKev31xoxoKev31 Posts: 16Registered Users
    cool. I'm thinking sometime in Jan. u know after the holidays. I'm waiting for more people to reply to set a date & location. But January sounds perfect to me.
  • MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Posts: 827Registered Users
    xoxoKev31 wrote: »
    cool. I'm thinking sometime in Jan. u know after the holidays. I'm waiting for more people to reply to set a date & location. But January sounds perfect to me.

January sounds good.
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: http://public.fotki.com/MissKinkyCoily/ : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg
  • LhoreSpencerLhoreSpencer Posts: 474Registered Users
    I'll be out of school during the holiday season... work is the other issue, but I would definitely be interested in coming to this one!!!
    FdQlm4.png
    Falling deeper and deeper and deeper in :love4: with my beautiful mixture of springy, tight coils and super duper kinks.

*SIGH* Alas, I've come to accept my shrinkage and fairy knots :angry7:

There are no magic potions, concoctions, elixirs, or pills for hair growth, weight loss, or financial independence... so stop looking for a quick fix!!!
  • HisFairMaidenHisFairMaiden Posts: 50Registered Users
    I had to miss the last one. count me in.
  • song_of_serenitysong_of_serenity Posts: 27Registered Users
    Depending on the date, I'll be there!
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    I had SO much fun at the last one and loved meeting everyone! Count me in for sure. Also, as it gets closer to January, we should double post this in the 4a section....

Can't wait!!!!!!:blob7:
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
    I had SO much fun at the last one and loved meeting everyone! Count me in for sure. Also, as it gets closer to January, we should double post this in the 4a section....

*Slight hijack*

Nubian! I was just thinking about u b/c I got that porosity thing all wrong. I'm actually highly porous. The reason I can't use certain products is b/c of my texture (not my porosity). I was telling u and...I think her SN is Brownsugar/a- that I had low porosity and based on what I was saying, u were saying u prob had low too.You may well have low, but I just found out (from my stylist) that mine is high lol. I just don't wanna misinform any curlies! Here is the link that explains it if ur interested: http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/curly%20hair%20basics.htm
    comic-p.jpg

*Slight hijack*

Nubian! I was just thinking about u b/c I got that porosity thing all wrong. I'm actually highly porous. The reason I can't use certain products is b/c of my texture (not my porosity). I was telling u and...I think her SN is Brownsugar/a- that I had low porosity and based on what I was saying, u were saying u prob had low too.You may well have low, but I just found out (from my stylist) that mine is high lol. I just don't wanna misinform any curlies! Here is the link that explains it if ur interested: http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/curly%20hair%20basics.htm

You are such a sweetheart!!! Thank you. I still think I have low porosity though. That's when stuff is hard to penitrate, right? Like a stand under the shower for a good minute before my hair is wet. And what's the name of your stylist? I haven't been to one since I cut my hair - I'm too scared.

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

• MiseMise Posts: 346Registered Users
    Had great fun at the last meeting, so count me in for this one. Sometime mid-Jan or later would suit me perfectly.

M.
    Think I'm 3b-ish...maybe some 3a there too...plus wavy roots....I'm just a mixed bag!:D CG since August '05
  • MissCurlyMissCurly Posts: 133Registered Users
    I'm going this time for sure too! I started a meet up thread and wasn't able to make it lol how crazy is that
    3c/4a Relaxer free since 04!

*Slight hijack*

You are such a sweetheart!!! Thank you. I still think I have low porosity though. That's when stuff is hard to penitrate, right? Like a stand under the shower for a good minute before my hair is wet. And what's the name of your stylist? I haven't been to one since I cut my hair - I'm too scared.

aww I try! Yeah, that's where it gets confusing to me...my stylist said that means you're/we're porous. For example, if I layer products on, my hair will take 16+ hrs to fully dry (Its dry enough to go outside after 8 hrs but not fully dry). However, I tried leaving in less conditioner and letting my hair dry before I added a styler...and my hair dried right away! Took about an hr!!! So idk its hard to say when u factor in texture...I went to Tameeka at Christo btw. The cut was excellent! Didn't like the Christo styling products but there's no pressure to buy them. She gave me a whole bunch to take home...way more than I think she's *supposed* to ;) She's really generous! She's a sweetheart and she's being doing this for awhile. Let me know if u go, we can both get 30 % a service of $100 or more if u mention my full name!!!

Ok sorry for the hijack lol. Nubian u can PM with any more questions about Tameeka etc.
    comic-p.jpg
  • xoxoKev31xoxoKev31 Posts: 16Registered Users
    happy to see so many people want to come!
    What type of activities should we do? Product Swap? or maybe a raffle? free products! and I need ideas for a venue. Where was the last one?
  • MrsComboCurlzMrsComboCurlz Posts: 625Registered Users
    Count me in aswell...will Luv to meet everyone!:albino:
    Are we gonna do product swaps aswell? ...In other meet-up threads for other cities...thier talking about that??? Just a suggestion...:grommit:
    *Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
    *Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
    *Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
    *Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
    *Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
    *Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
    * LCSO Method
  • curliitommii curliitommii Posts: 139Registered Users
    yaayy!! in january I'll be back at school!! ive never been to a curly meet up this should be fun!

plus i've tried loads of products lately, and I still wanna try other stuff product swap would be great! :-D
    I Bc'd!! --> July 1st, 2009 :wav:

event.png

http://public.fotki.com/ms-curls/
    Count me in!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• brownsugar84brownsugar84 Posts: 111Registered Users
    Last one was good. I'm in again! :blob3:
  • hamptonsfnsthamptonsfnst Posts: 106Registered Users
    I would love to attend a meetup. This would be a great opportunity to ask questions, share product reviews and even swap products. Im down for a meetup on the weekend particulary Saturdays. Im in BK every other weekend. So hopefully this is arranged for the weekend Im out there. Head over to CurlyNikki.com. There's some chicas that are interested to attend.
    Any decisions on where it will be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am about to do a shameless plug for myself :sad5:

I just found out I will be going to trial from Jan. 13 - 25. Is there any possible way I can plead with you guys to not have the meet-up during those 2 weekends so I can go? I know, I've already been to the last one and I don't want to impose so if it's too much trouble, don't worry about me. I'll just be at work, thinking about you and wishing I was there. Don't worry if my hair looks a hot mess cause I wasn't able to get your advice at the meet-up. It's fine. I'll be alright. I just want to make sure you lovely ladies have a good time, so don't mind me if you need to meet during the weekend I'm at work. :sad5::sad5: :sad5: :sad5:

BTW - the last meeting was at Dinasours

Holy Grails:

@NubianCoils- How about January 9 or 30? I'm only available on weekends particulary Saturdays because I go to church on Sundays. Hopefully the rest of the curlies won't have a conflict with these suggested dates and I hope everyone is somewhat flexible. Hope to meet you soon and if for some reason this doesn't work out, there is always the following months. Happy Holidays.:mrgreen::wav:
  • PrivateJoyPrivateJoy Posts: 41Registered Users
    I haven't been on this board in a while but I'd love to do a meetup. I guess I'll check back in early January to see what date you guys settle on.

• MiseMise Posts: 346Registered Users
    @NubianCoils- How about January 9 or 30? I'm only available on weekends particulary Saturdays because I go to church on Sundays. Hopefully the rest of the curlies won't have a conflict with these suggested dates and I hope everyone is somewhat flexible. Hope to meet you soon and if for some reason this doesn't work out, there is always the following months. Happy Holidays.:mrgreen::wav:

I'm out of the country on the 9th January, so the 30th would suit me. However I am happy to make the next one if I can't do this.
    Think I'm 3b-ish...maybe some 3a there too...plus wavy roots....I'm just a mixed bag!:D CG since August '05
    Since January is nearing, how about we all meet on Saturday, January 30? We still haven't confirmed a place to meet and the curlies over in CurlyNikki.com suggested a few places like, IHOP, Faces and Names,and I think Dallas BBQ(that's my choice, but I'm open to new places). Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Since January is nearing, how about we all meet on Saturday, January 30? We still haven't confirmed a place to meet and the curlies over in CurlyNikki.com suggested a few places like, IHOP, Faces and Names,and I think Dallas BBQ(that's my choice, but I'm open to new places). Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was hoping for a little more "pizzaz" than IHOP.:lol: I have never heard of Faces and Names, but it sounds cool. I'd be down with Dallas BBQ as well. FYI - I think someone is going to have to take the lead like last time, suggest a place and date, and if there are no "nays" just go with that. As for the date, why don't we all just say January 30 unless someone comes on here and has a disagreement with that?

Holy Grails:

Hey folks,

I haven't been on the site but I wanted to check in here! I wouldn't wanna do IHOP b/c its really not convenient unless u live in Harlem or off the 2/3 in the BX. I don't think its a central location. I'd be fine with BBQs b/c they're more central. I'm not a huge fan of them but its gonna be really hard to find a place everyone likes that several trains go to. Does Face & Names serve food? I live right there but I thought they were a bar?

I would also throw Applebees and TGI Fridays out there. They're no 4 star restaurants but they're about on par with BBqs in my opinion. I would think something like that might be good for different tastes, especially if we have any vegetarian tastes (I doubt ANY of these cater to vegans though lol).

What does everyone else think?
    comic-p.jpg
    Hey folks,

I haven't been on the site but I wanted to check in here! I wouldn't wanna do IHOP b/c its really not convenient unless u live in Harlem or off the 2/3 in the BX. I don't think its a central location. I'd be fine with BBQs b/c they're more central. I'm not a huge fan of them but its gonna be really hard to find a place everyone likes that several trains go to. Does Face & Names serve food? I live right there but I thought they were a bar?

I would also throw Applebees and TGI Fridays out there. They're no 4 star restaurants but they're about on par with BBqs in my opinion. I would think something like that might be good for different tastes, especially if we have any vegetarian tastes (I doubt ANY of these cater to vegans though lol).

What does everyone else think?

I agree with the Applebees/TGI Fridays suggestion. These places will have something for just about everyone. Which one and where do you suggest?

Holy Grails:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file