Anyone else live on perfume samples alone?

SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I have soooo many perfume samples that I've gotten with orders, GWP, etc. I've decided that when I use up my next f/s bottle of perfume, I am going to start moving through my samples to try them out for several days (as long as I don't hate the scent). I want to use them up, reduce some of my sample clutter, and it will help me save money too. Who knows, I might find a new favorite. And I will still have plenty for travel also.

Anyone else try to make their perfume supply totally from samples?
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Comments

• alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm a bit of a fragrance junkie, and I've got way too many. So lately I've decided not to buy any full sizes unless I am crazy about a particular scent or I need to replace an old favorite that I use up.

Instead, I have started feeding my addiction with samples. Lots of e-tailers sell samples (big enough for several uses), and it's so much fun to try them! And of course, there are the freebies, too.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    there was only one scent i ever did that with - Nu from Yves St-Laurent.

then a co-worker was going to Hong Kong and brought me back some from the duty free and the next co-worker travelling did the same and now i've got a supply.

it's one of my 2 favourite fragrances in the whole world!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    PSFskincare.com, which I talk about a lot on here, recently opened a fragrance division. They will sell you full-size (1 ounce) "mystery" bottles of perfumes they are working on for $5 each, and then if you email them with a review of the fragrance, they'll give you $2.50 in customer reward points that can be used towards anything on their site, but, of course, they work very nicely for more mystery fragrances. I've found 2 really awesome perfumes this way, and the others, well, I use up excess perfume that I don't love by pouring it in my daily bath. This is high-quality perfume too, not just cologne or toilette.
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    ~
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Whenever I order from Sephora, there are always several free sample options available at check-out and at least one perfume/EDT/cologne option is always offered. Same with ULTA site and store. Any dept. store perfume counter should have samples. If they don't throw some in, remember to ask for them. Also, perfume websites like luckyscent.com.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    Red Cat, I've seen the fragrances on the PSF site but have not tried them (yet!). I see you can buy small samples as well as the 1-oz mystery bottles.

Which mystery scents do you like? Have any "made it" as fragrances for sale?
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    alacurl wrote: »
    Red Cat, I've seen the fragrances on the PSF site but have not tried them (yet!). I see you can buy small samples as well as the 1-oz mystery bottles.

Which mystery scents do you like? Have any "made it" as fragrances for sale?

No, they haven't made it to the sale page. Marie Antoinette and Amber Tawney are the ones I really like but I don't know if they'll ever make it to prime time.
  • kayasmommykayasmommy Posts: 109Registered Users
    Yeah, I have tons of perfume samples too! For starters, I don't wear perfume every day. I probably wear it 2-3x per week. So the samples do tend to pile up! :) I like to keep a few in my travel bag and use them when I go on trips, so I don't have to to take along a whole big bottle. I also keep a few in my gym bag, so that after a workout/shower I can put some on. I also give them to my family and friends.
    Twitter! :hello2:

Fotki! :hello2:

BC: November 28, 2008
    Tragedy Strikes: March 16, 2010...The Flat-Iron Disaster!!!

Updated (Post-Disaster) Staples:
    • Chagrin Valley Ayurvedic Shampoo Bar
    • Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo
    • Roux Porosity Control Shampoo/Condish
    • V05 Moisture Milks Condish
    • Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Condish
    • Kinky Curly Knot Today
    • Castor Oil & Shea Butter
    • Monthly Henna Treatments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji