CurlTalk

Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm - CG Friendly?

Hi there, I'm fairly new to all this CG routine and its a lot to absorb!
I had been using the Ultra Hydrating Balm for quite a while because it has been the only thing I found that would detangle my curls! I stopped using it only because I couldn't find it easily. But I saw it again and am in desperate need of a good CG detangler (My Acitvate Hydrating Curls order is in the mail). I have been trying to slog through these boards and the ingredients articles to fugure out what's good/what's bad...My heads gonna 'splode :shock:

OK Here are the ingredients I found from the web:
Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tricontanyl PVP, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate-20, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) Fruit, Algae Extract/Algae, Safe Leaf Extract/Salvia Officinalis, Pollen Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Extract/Saponaria Officinalis, Silk Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Oil/Triticum Vulgare, Lemongrass Extract/Cymbopogon Schoenanthus

(phew - its a good thing I didn't have to type all that by hand...)
Thanks in advance

Comments

• internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tricontanyl PVP, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate-20, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) Fruit, Algae Extract/Algae, Safe Leaf Extract/Salvia Officinalis, Pollen Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Extract/Saponaria Officinalis, Silk Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Oil/Triticum Vulgare, Lemongrass Extract/Cymbopogon Schoenanthus

The Amodimethicone is techincally CG since the creator of CG has it in her products, but you may need to use a gentle shampoo once in awhile(it does build up in some people's hair, not all though). I believe that lanolin is not CG. The protein may be of concern to some, but is still CG. HTH
  • CurleeDSTCurleeDST Posts: 467Registered Users
    Thanks for posting this.
    I am a 3c/4a with medium/fine strands
    No strict haircare regimen - trying my hand at the Curly Girl Method.

Fitness Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ffemmefitalefitclub.com%2F" class="Popup
    Check out the Femme Fitale Facebook page: facebook.com/FemmeFitaleFitness