CurlTalk

My hair has an odor after keratin treatment today

CurlySkutchCurlySkutch Posts: 2Registered Users
Did anyone else experience a slight odor on your hair...I had the keratin treatment this afternoon and tonight I noticed a slight odor, kinda of like a burned/chemically smell...it looks fabulous, but I keep getting little whiffs of a weird smell...I think it's a combination of the product and the flat iron heat...i hope this is normal...HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS?

Comments

• AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
    Did anyone else experience a slight odor on your hair...I had the keratin treatment this afternoon and tonight I noticed a slight odor, kinda of like a burned/chemically smell...it looks fabulous, but I keep getting little whiffs of a weird smell...I think it's a combination of the product and the flat iron heat...i hope this is normal...HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS?

CurlySkut, it is normal. It is the keratin treatment coating, it will go away after your initial wash. And the hair will also look and feel a lot better.

xoxoxox
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    My keratin treatment has cocoa extract and smells chocolatey. But, flat ironing always leaves your hair smelling burnt. Totally normal. Annoying, but normal. Enjoy your hair!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix