question on co wash and conditioner

pelirubiapelirubia Registered Users Posts: 17
Does your cowash have to be different than your conditioner you use after a cowash? :confused1:

Comments

• generositytgenerosityt Registered Users Posts: 245
    Your co-wash should help you detangle and wash your scalp, so usually it's light and runny and your conditioner should help you moisturize your hair so it's usually heavier.
    I use suave for co-wash (switch to VO5 from time to time) and use Nature's Gate to condition.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • pelirubiapelirubia Registered Users Posts: 17
    ok, so then how do you know how to pick a co wash conditioner and a rinse out? Aren't we looking for the same types of ingredients in both? I'm confused.
  • generositytgenerosityt Registered Users Posts: 245
    hmmm, not sure how to answer that :confused1:. I think you always have to look at the ingredients, no cones and no protein if you're protein sensitive.
    I pick my products based on what others curlies here use. Also, there is always a newbie asking for product recommendations. You may do a quick search and see what you find.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • *Angela**Angela* Registered Users Posts: 251
    I use the same conditioner for my co-wash and rinse-out. I don't co-wash every day but on days I do, I co-wash and then add more conditioner for a rinse-out. Or if after co-washing my hair feels moisturized enough I don't use anything else. It just depends on what works for your hair.
    3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM
  • lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Registered Users Posts: 287
    I think that a lot of people want to use something cheaper for their cowash (because you use a lot of it and it has less of an impact on what your hair looks like when you're done) and use something a bit more substantial/expensive for regular conditioning.
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Registered Users Posts: 896
    pelirubia wrote: »
    Does your cowash have to be different than your conditioner you use after a cowash? :confused1:

I agree with the others. Most cheaper conditioners are a bit more runny, and you may want to use a cheaper conditioner for your co-wash. V05, Suave and White Rain are similar and are all great options. They're cheap, CG, and not very thick. As when picking out your main conditioner, they're usually more expensive and thicker. I like Generic Value Products conditioning balm at Sally Beauty Supply :)
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file