What are your favorite movies and why?

CurlayGirlayCurlayGirlay Posts: 240Registered Users
Just for fun I thought I'd ask you all what your favorite movies are and a little bit about why you like them.

Mine are:

-Pride and Prejudice (BBC version)- it's classic, its gorgeous, and Mr. Darcy is the ultimate dream guy

-Princess Bride- Hilarious and classic!

-Newsies- Amazing singing, fabulous dancing, and an almost all guy cast ;)

-The Ultimate Gift- not very popular but a great message and a real tear jerker

-Titanic- makes me cry ever time!

-Nacho Libre- yes yes I know it's insanely cheesy and pointless but it makes me laugh okay?!:nike:
CG since December 22, 2008!:thumbright:
Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)

Comments

• grace_okigrace_oki Posts: 18Registered Users
    high school musical 1-3= cant stop singing & zac efron:love10:
    twilight, new moon= jacob(taylor L.) :love10:
    camp rock 1-2= jonas brothers:love10:
    ~im 1/2 black & 1/2 Japanese = frizzy, curly hair. ive had that from birth up until 6th gr. when a lady offered to Japanese straight perm my hair for free, of course i couldnt say "no" ! i was getting it done for 3 years( about 2-3x per year) until i came to my senses and decided to let my curly roots grow out-that took 2 yrs- on 8/24/2009 i finally cut my hair. Now its short and curly. "loving it" ~:love4:
  • thickcurlygurlythickcurlygurly Posts: 230Registered Users
    princess bride- classic and just plain good
    sahara- i just love that movie
    dark knight- all the terror and scare none of the gore you know what's happening you just don't have to watch it happen
    conditioner: GVP conditioning balm
    leave in co: GVP conditioning balm

And my hair hates avg :happy3:

Yes I consider myself obsessed with my hair. :happy7:
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    I don't think I could choose....I'd end up editing the post a gazillion times...but i guess i can attempt to list a few
    *Grease
    *Radio
    *Little Miss Sunshine
    *Any of the Disney classics
    *Cars
    *Princess Bride
    *Drumline
    *Toy Story
    *Coraline
    *Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    Here are a few of mine....

-Facing the Giants (I love this movie!!!)
    -Fireproof (Love the message!!)
    -Gone with the Wind (A classic)
    -Titanic (Very well made and realistic, a real tear jerker...although I think people in 1912 acted a little different than that. It has a 90's twist)
    -The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (Interesting and Well-made)
    -Life is Beautiful (La Vita e' Bella, originally Italian) (Well made, a great classic)
    -Disney classics (They're masterpieces!)
    -Psycho, Rear Window, and a few more Alfred Hitchcock classics (They're interesting and a few have good suspense)
    -Finding Nemo (Cute and clean!)
    -Nacho Libre (Makes me laugh every time!)
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • CurlayGirlayCurlayGirlay Posts: 240Registered Users
    Here are a few of mine....

-Facing the Giants (I love this movie!!!)
    -Fireproof (Love the message!!)
    -Gone with the Wind (A classic)
    -Titanic (Very well made and realistic, a real tear jerker...although I think people in 1912 acted a little different than that. It has a 90's twist)
    -The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (Interesting and Well-made)
    -Life is Beautiful (La Vita e' Bella, originally Italian) (Well made, a great classic)
    -Disney classics (They're masterpieces!)
    -Psycho, Rear Window, and a few more Alfred Hitchcock classics (They're interesting and a few have good suspense)
    -Finding Nemo (Cute and clean!)
    -Nacho Libre (Makes me laugh every time!)

O man, how could I forget Rear Window?! Luv that one

• Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Posts: 457Registered Users
    I love movies.

RENT- love love love!

Sense & sensabilty- a great movie

Titanic- makes me cry

all the ninja turtle movies -need i say more:)

stargate sg1- how skaara looks up to the connel as a father figure is so cute

Merlin- great fantasy movie

the dark crystal- my favorite movie as a kid. I loved Gelflings
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
    I love movies.

RENT- love love love!

Sense & sensabilty- a great movie

Titanic- makes me cry

all the ninja turtle movies -need i say more:)

stargate sg1- how skaara looks up to the connel as a father figure is so cute

Merlin- great fantasy movie

the dark crystal- my favorite movie as a kid. I loved Gelflings

Oooooooh, Sense and Sensibility is a great one. I just luuuuuuuuv Kate Winslet's hair in that movie!

• mandacakez011mandacakez011 Posts: 2Registered Users
    *Men In Black-i just love watching movies with Will Smith he makes me laugh
    *Finding Nemo-i love looking at the water,it looks so real...and talking fish.,wat's greater than that
    *Anastasia-i lost princess from paris.i love how sarcastic she is at the beginning and just how true the story COULD become if u just believe ur there
    *Prince of Eygpt-a story from the Bible turned into a wonderful creation.i feel movies like this help youths understand the Bible alot better.i love this movie.period

i've been a cg since April2008 and i love it.it feels like time went by so fast because it's almost touching my shoulder
    i use Dove shampoo and some Suave leave-in conditioner and it makes my hair feel breezy and fresh.i love being curly!!!:thumright:
  • wredna.ankawredna.anka Posts: 28Registered Users
    Oh guys, you've typed some of my fav's ;)
    -Twilight(love Jacob too *.*)
    -Men in Black
    -Matrix
    -The devil wears prada
    -girl, interrupted <3
    -bring it on 5(i've got a little obsession on latino ;p)
    ____

curlies are great.:love10:
    3b/a?
    fine/medium
    very dry
    on the beginning on the way of helping them:angel8:
    *Men In Black-i just love watching movies with Will Smith he makes me laugh
    *Finding Nemo-i love looking at the water,it looks so real...and talking fish.,wat's greater than that
    *Anastasia-i lost princess from paris.i love how sarcastic she is at the beginning and just how true the story COULD become if u just believe ur there
    *Prince of Eygpt-a story from the Bible turned into a wonderful creation.i feel movies like this help youths understand the Bible alot better.i love this movie.period

i've been a cg since April2008 and i love it.it feels like time went by so fast because it's almost touching my shoulder
    i use Dove shampoo and some Suave leave-in conditioner and it makes my hair feel breezy and fresh.i love being curly!!!:thumright:

Oh man, Anastasia is also one of my favs! I love the little bat guy! Man, I'm glad u all are posting because I forgot about a lot of these fabulous movies.

• CurlyFlixCurlyFlix Posts: 58Registered Users
    Just for fun I thought I'd ask you all what your favorite movies are and a little bit about why you like them.

Mine are:

-Pride and Prejudice (BBC version)- it's classic, its gorgeous, and Mr. Darcy is the ultimate dream guy

-Nacho Libre- yes yes I know it's insanely cheesy and pointless but it makes me laugh okay?!:nike:
    I have to say I'm a bit of a Jane Austen fan, and I love films and books that are of the same time period as her novels.

o Pride and Prejudice (1995 version)
    o Sense and Sensibility (both with Emma Thompson and the 3-parter by the BBC)
    o Emma (all three versions)
    o Mansfield Park (mainly the version with Billie Piper, but like the older one too)

Now for other films aside from Jane Austen:
    o The Importance of Being Earnest - love the comedy of this film
    o You've Got Mail - also a favourite comedy
    o The Devil Wears Prada - watched this when it came out and always liked it for some reason, even though I'm definitely not in high fashion!

Might sound cheesy but I also like:
    o Enchanted (with Patrick Dempsey)
    o Princess Diaries 1 & 2

I also love Doris Day movies on days when I need cheering up, like when the weather's awful outside or I've got the 'flu.

I've got A LOT of favourite films by the looks of it!
    [FONT=&quot]Hair type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3a/3b, 'tanned blonde', fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity, fine texture, naturally curly hair.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Conditioner:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner worked in, left for several minutes, washed out, second gentler application, left in for 3 minutes, washed out.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Styling:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Boots Essentials Curl Creme or Styling Mousse for Curls[/FONT]

event.png

• gncurriergncurrier Posts: 80Registered Users
    Favorite favorites:
    Titanic. Hands down fave. Leo=amazing (-ly hott), and as cheesy as it is, I just LOVE it. Makes me cry, plus, I know it by heart.

Moulin Rouge! Nicole and Kate are tied for my fave actresses, and Ewan is adorable in this. Singing needs some help, but it's still adorable, even if Lurhmann's camera anlges sometimes make me dizzy/annoy me. I also know this by heart.
    I am Knight Valiant Red Riglets of Curlywood Forest and Theatrefriar of the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    CurlyFlix wrote: »

Mine are:

I have to say I'm a bit of a Jane Austen fan, and I love films and books that are of the same time period as her novels.

o Pride and Prejudice (1995 version)
    o Sense and Sensibility (both with Emma Thompson and the 3-parter by the BBC)
    o Emma (all three versions)
    o Mansfield Park (mainly the version with Billie Piper, but like the older one too)

Now for other films aside from Jane Austen:
    o The Importance of Being Earnest - love the comedy of this film
    o You've Got Mail - also a favourite comedy
    o The Devil Wears Prada - watched this when it came out and always liked it for some reason, even though I'm definitely not in high fashion!

Might sound cheesy but I also like:
    o Enchanted (with Patrick Dempsey)
    o Princess Diaries 1 & 2

I also love Doris Day movies on days when I need cheering up, like when the weather's awful outside or I've got the 'flu.

I've got A LOT of favourite films by the looks of it!

U r my long lost sister! lol

It's just so great to see teens who read Jane Austen's books as well as watching the movies! :study:

Lol!

I often think that that series 'Lost in Austen' was just like me - I would love to have lived in Regency times and lived the story of some of my favourite Regency novels.

My sis is always saying my hair is like Kate Winslet's? Especially the photo to the left - is she right or just kidding me? Lol!
    [FONT=&quot]Hair type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3a/3b, 'tanned blonde', fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity, fine texture, naturally curly hair.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Conditioner:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner worked in, left for several minutes, washed out, second gentler application, left in for 3 minutes, washed out.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Styling:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Boots Essentials Curl Creme or Styling Mousse for Curls[/FONT]

event.png

Lol!

I often think that that series 'Lost in Austen' was just like me - I would love to have lived in Regency times and lived the story of some of my favourite Regency novels.

My sis is always saying my hair is like Kate Winslet's? Especially the photo to the left - is she right or just kidding me? Lol!

Hmmmm, I've never heard of Lost in Austen. Is it a book series or a TV series?

From what I can tell from your two pics your hair is absolutely gorgeous and does look a lot like Kate Winslet's.

Btw, everyone I forgot two more of my favorite movies.......

-Wizard of Oz- watching it on TBS last night reminded me how great it is. Haha, I love the Cowardly Lion!

-Up- This was so cute and surprisingly deep for a kids movie. When I saw it in the theater I was laughing way more than any of the little kids there. :P

It was a TV series, shown sometime last year I think, on ITV1. The Mr Darcy in there was sooo nice. :P But not as nice as Colin Firth.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

event.png

It was a TV series, shown sometime last year I think, on ITV1. The Mr Darcy in there was sooo nice. :P But not as nice as Colin Firth.

Cool beans, I'll have to check it out.

And yes, Colin Firth was the perfect Mr. Darcy! :mrgreen:

• MudbloodDudMudbloodDud Posts: 1Registered Users
    Monsters Inc.- it has a happy ending thats makes me cry
    same with the old Willy Wonka movie
  • FallOutCurlFallOutCurl Posts: 339Registered Users Curl Novice
    grace_oki wrote: »
    high school musical 1-3= cant stop singing & zac efron:love10:
    twilight, new moon= jacob(taylor L.) :love10:
    camp rock 1-2= jonas brothers:love10:
    I couldn't agree more Taylor L. is on fire:toothy8:
    There are loads of films I like.
    I guess I can watch any film with Vin Diesel in it.
    At the moment I like confessions of a shopperholic. I just see myself and that isn't just with the hair products.
  • CrystalRainCrystalRain Posts: 170Registered Users
    Wow, I must be the only teenager (especially sixteen-year-old, judging by my grade) who absolutely loathes Twilight. It's literally offensive to me. :neutral:

Anyway, I'm a huge film fan, and here are some of my favourites! (I made a list for IMDb.com, so I'll just copy some of it.)

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street [Tim Burton, 2007]
    Atonement [Joe Wright, 2007]
    Rear Window [Alfred Hitchcock, 1954]
    The Truman Show [Peter Weir, 1998]
    Bonnie and Clyde [Arthur Penn, 1967]
    Edward Scissorhands [Tim Burton, 1990]
    The Godfather Part II [Francis Ford Coppola, 1974]
    Ed Wood [Tim Burton, 1994]
    Psycho [Alfred Hitchcock, 1960]
    Zodiac [David Fincher, 2007]
    Casablanca [Michael Curtiz, 1942]
    Arsenic and Old Lace [Frank Capra, 1944]
    There Will Be Blood [Paul Thomas Anderson, 2007]
    About A Boy [Chris & Paul Weitz, 2002]
    Freaks [Tod Browning, 1932]
    Shadow of a Doubt [Alfred Hitchcock, 1943]
    Thick, mostly 2c with some 3a; fine texture, medium/high porosity, and a very strange curl & wave pattern.

Started CG (properly) as of 6/31/2009.

Cowash | Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze or Juicy Green Apple
    Rinse-out | Burt's Bees Super Shiny
    Leave-in | Live Clean Intense Moisturizing
    Gel | HESMU

Right now: growing hair past shoulder-length, looking to take decent hair picture (my avatar is my first day of CG).
    Wow, I must be the only teenager (especially sixteen-year-old, judging by my grade) who absolutely loathes Twilight. It's literally offensive to me. :neutral:

Anyway, I'm a huge film fan, and here are some of my favourites! (I made a list for IMDb.com, so I'll just copy some of it.)

No believe me you're not...I loathe it too. Actually, at my school almost all the high school kids hate it.

• SingingSongsSingingSongs Posts: 42Registered Users
    Oo, Oo, I love this!!!

1. Pride and Prejudice (the one with Keira Knightly) I love the movie and the book.

2. The Invisible. :love2:Justin Chatwin is JUST SO DARN PRETTY!!!

3. 28 Days later.

4. Princess Bride.

5. The Outsiders.

6. The Passion of the Christ.

7. The Phantom Of The Opera.

8. War of the Worlds. Again, Justin Chatwin is in this one^.^

9. All of the Pirates movies. So fun to dress up at the theatre

10. Van Helsing.

I love these movies!!!
    black bouncy 3a/b curls... And thats all I got to say...
  • CrystalRainCrystalRain Posts: 170Registered Users

No believe me you're not...I loathe it too. Actually, at my school almost all the high school kids hate it.

Good to hear! My school is obsessed - it's very sad. :banghead:
    Thick, mostly 2c with some 3a; fine texture, medium/high porosity, and a very strange curl & wave pattern.

Started CG (properly) as of 6/31/2009.

Cowash | Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze or Juicy Green Apple
    Rinse-out | Burt's Bees Super Shiny
    Leave-in | Live Clean Intense Moisturizing
    Gel | HESMU

Right now: growing hair past shoulder-length, looking to take decent hair picture (my avatar is my first day of CG).

I feel exactly the same as you - never watched it, never will. I hate it.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

event.png

• nashvillienashvillie Posts: 3Registered Users
    Ratatouille- adorable movie set in my favorite city
    Brokeback Mountain- probably my all time favorite movie, I just love it.
    Kiki's Delivery Service- I am envious of Kiki's life, great film
    Les Chansons d'Amour- another movie set in Paris, a musical, I love it
    Stand By Me- River Phoenix is amazing.
    type 3b :rendeer:
    CG since October 2009 :love4:
  • Ruth MarieRuth Marie Posts: 72Registered Users
    Here's another Jane Austen-obsessed teen! I've read all of her books. :)

-Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley)
    -Sense and Sensibility (Emma Thompson, plus Kate Winslet's hair = love!)
    -All three Lord of the Rings movies
    -The Phantom of the Opera
    -Oliver!
    -Les Miserables
    -Evita
    -Julie & Julia
    -Anastasia (Disney, and Ingrid Bergman)
    -Any and all Alfred Hitchcock movies
    -The Left Behind trilogy
    -Anything with Audrey Hepburn
    OK, I think that's all. I bet I'll come up with more later though.
    I'm a Curly Violinist living in the Frozen Tundra.
    Hair Growth Goals:
    SL:
    APL:
    BSL:
    WL:
  • SpeedGoddessSpeedGoddess Posts: 118Registered Users

From what I can tell from your two pics your hair is absolutely gorgeous and does look a lot like Kate Winslet's.

Btw, everyone I forgot two more of my favorite movies.......

-Wizard of Oz- watching it on TBS last night reminded me how great it is. Haha, I love the Cowardly Lion!

-Up- This was so cute and surprisingly deep for a kids movie. When I saw it in the theater I was laughing way more than any of the little kids there. :P

Omigosh, I watched it too! I love the scarecrow, though! He was sooo funny when he made the comment about how people with no brains talk a lot after Dorthy asked how he can talk with no brain!

Oh geez, I sound like a little kid again, lol

*attempt at some level of maturity* BESIDES Wizard of Oz, I like...
    ~Smokey and the Bandit (all time fave! the carrrr...)
    ~The Break Up (good for when you're going through a bad break up!)
    ~Coyote Ugly
    ~The Little Mermaid
    ~Step Brothers (soo funny, yet soo wrong at times)
    ~Joy Ride (suspense!)

I will say, though, all the Jane Austen fans on here really surprised me! I read Pride and Prejudice for a freshman research paper, and I absolutely Loathed it. Maybe it was because of the fact that it was a school thing AND I had to spend a whole 9 weeks with that book? Why do yawl like her so much?? (I'm honestly curious here!)

Whoa, long post :blah5:
    Hair type: 3B

CG since: Dec '08

(Johnson&Johnson No More Tears Shampoo when need help with build-up), Suave Naturals condish, leave some in, LaBella Gel, then out the door!

You only live once...make it count

• SoutherncurlsSoutherncurls Posts: 11Registered Users
    Man theres so many movies!!

ok...

The Pirates of the Carribean series!- well Johnny Depp of COURSE!

Harry Potter- great story and i love how the characters have grown up with me!

Parent Trap- Dennis Quaid! and a cute story!

Up- amazing animation and heart-touching story!

How to Train your Dragon- again, animation and great story of how being different isn't always such a bad thing!

Edward Scissorhands- JOHNNY!! :love10:
    gosh i probably forgot something...:neutral:
  • imgonnastartawarimgonnastartawar Posts: 237Registered Users
    (I too, HATE the twilight series. Everyone in my school is also obsessed and my friends adoor Jacob, i personally think he has a weird face and hate his tan.:oops:)

So anyways, i Love movies and these were my Favorite!(not in order)

-Star wars 1-6

-Star trek the movie, Such a great improvement from the tele series

-Sound of Music

-Die hard 2

-The green mile

-Harry potter 6

-The proposel, i DIED of laughter

-From paris with love

-500 days of summer

-spongbob squarepants the movie, Died of laughter..again

-Toy story 3, love spanish buzz

-Twelve monkeys, i had to watch it 3 times untill i got it

i have much more i just cant really think of any right now.:cwm10:.
  • fuzziestbunnysfuzziestbunnys Posts: 208Registered Users
    these are probably my tops,
    the parent trap... because it's just so good.
    grease... love a good musical movie! and it's so cute.
    evan almighty... great message AND it's funny!
    juno... so cute and funny! saw it twice in the theaters

but there's A LOT more:
    Yes Man, Barnyard, The Outsiders, Motocrossed, Sugar & Spice, Pretty in Pink, Annie, The Breakfast Club, Ratatouille, Date Night, the Last Song, Toy Story, Toy Story 3, Prince of Persia, Elf, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Eight Below

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file