need a transitioning buddy in Atl??

islandygalislandygal Registered Users Posts: 7
hey im pretty new on here and really excited about transitioning but i need support! ahhh...so far so good though,its been about 6 months. ive been using sew in hair extentions and its been gr8. i have 3c hair and dealing with 2 different textures sux! where r u atl buddy?

Comments

• SugarNutsSugarNuts Registered Users Posts: 250
    islandygal wrote: »
    hey im pretty new on here and really excited about transitioning but i need support! ahhh...so far so good though,its been about 6 months. ive been using sew in hair extentions and its been gr8. i have 3c hair and dealing with 2 different textures sux! where r u atl buddy?

You need to more closer to MA! :blob8:
    Hair Type: 4a/4b Combo
    Last Relaxer: May/June 2008
    Big Chop: N/A
    http://members.fotki.com/SugarNuts (1/31)
    Detangle/Co-Wash: VO5 Freesia or Green Tea
    Shampoo: White Vinegar

Deep Con. Treat.: Aussie 3-min. & Olive Oil
    Final Wash: Nexxus Humectress
    Moist. Spritz: Glycerin, Water, Proclaim 7-Olive Oil, Suave Extreme Leave-In

age.png
  • Raquel525Raquel525 Registered Users Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    Hey! I am in Atlanta, I've been transitioning since March.
  • SandraDgroovySandraDgroovy Registered Users Posts: 139
    Hello, fellow ATLiens~
    Sandra, RN & fitness competitor.

Transitioning since 4/2008, with no plans to BC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra-Fields-Fitness-Competitor/115579921807944

event.png
  • islandygalislandygal Registered Users Posts: 7
    hey gurl...its good to know that there is another person here that is transitioning...wanna be my transition buddy?
  • Naturally1908Naturally1908 Registered Users Posts: 56
    Atlanta folks? So am I! Yay! We need our own team on here. Maybe we should do a hair meet up one day.
    Monique - Natural Hair Advocate - Blogger
    Proud Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc
    I tweet! www.twitter.com/naturally1908
    I blog! www.naturalandfab.com

event.png

event.png

[/CENTER]
  • SandraDgroovySandraDgroovy Registered Users Posts: 139
    Where do you ATL ladies buy your hair products?
    Sandra, RN & fitness competitor.

Transitioning since 4/2008, with no plans to BC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra-Fields-Fitness-Competitor/115579921807944

event.png
  • islandygalislandygal Registered Users Posts: 7
    Where do you ATL ladies buy your hair products?

Well I kinda just go 2 any beauty supply store...lol...everywhere I go I just stop and look around..neva know u might get a better deal..what kind of hair products do you use in your hair?
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
    Stonecrest Mall has this little natural store upstairs. I went there to buy a variety of goods just this past Friday. They are really nice I got my shea butter , coconut oil, rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil, jojoba oil, and a more natural facial scrub!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • danijohnturnerdanijohnturner Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi ladies. I am knew to transitioning, but I am going to stick with it. My last perm was about six weeks ago. I don't want to do the "BC", so I've decided to grow out my perm. I suspect within the next 18 to 24 months, I will be completely perm free. I do need to find a really good regimen to use on my hair while I am transitioning. If you have any ideas please let me know.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
    A lot of the process is trial and error finding out what is right for your hair. But first things first you need to read info on what is not right for your hair. If you go to google or youtube and put in ten things not to put in your hair it will give you links with these ingredients and the reasoning behind them. Also I think in the Newbies section they will have a condensed version and the basic routine that many of us curlies use (co-washing, deep conditioning, and protective styling). If you have any questions keep posting on the board.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • Nique1Nique1 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Hey im in the ATL too..:compress: Im only 3 months into my transition UGH!!!...I buy my products on line and in store's....Walgreens HE Hello Hydration and HE Totaly Twisted, Online (Karens Body Beautiful Hair Milk, Hair oil and Hair Nectar as well as Natures Gate Aloe Moisturizing Conditioner) Trader Joe's has the Mother of all conditioner's its called Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner A must try ladies!!!

Henna - I use Bridal Art Quality Jamila from Mehndiskinart.com--I choose Jamila 2008 or '09, and use I buy the Jamila in the foil pouch only, not the cellophane it will soften your hair and strengthen it...
  • missmonique0829missmonique0829 Registered Users Posts: 9
    I'm in ATL too, its been 8 months since my last relaxer! I think I'm a 3c/4a :) What hair regimens have you all been doing to get through?
  • worldofcurlsworldofcurls Registered Users Posts: 10
    Eastside! I am definitely willing to meet up with some ATL transitioners. I think I am 3b/3c/4a. I am ALWAYS in Sevananda (in Little 5), Whole Foods (go to Ponce location, Briarcliff is too small) and Rainbow Foods on N. Decatur Rd. I have been going back and forth with products. Started with some free Miss Jessie's that isn't giving enough moisture.

Products -
    Shampoo - Castille soap (every blue moon)
    Conditioner wash - Taliah Waajid (you can get at most hair supply...she's based here in atlanta and has a great site)
    daily conditioner - Giovanni leave-in
    deep conditioner - Miss Jessie's rapid recovery (pricey)
    finish oil - virgin coconut oil
    protein - Megatek daily for leave in less than a hour(using that to bring back the fronts that had breakage from braids)

Routine -
    Condish shampoo
    DC 2 days a week.
    ACV rinse every 2 weeks.
    Baggy hair a couple days of week with Giovanni.

I spray refresh hair with a mix of 2/3 distilled, coconut oil, a couple dallops of taliah wajiid conditioner. I did a few mini chops since the relaxed hair was getting too tangled to mess with. Since my kids needs the same type of curly treatment, I just cut it to make my life easier. So far so good.
    No need to define my curl, they define me.
  • TatertotTatertot Registered Users Posts: 24
    Hey! I'm a transitoner in Atlanta too. Originally from South Jersey but Clark Atlanta is my home away from home woo woo [Go Panthers!] lol My last relaxer was Christmas Eve 09 and it's been so hard trying to transition here with all of the criticism from my peers. It seems like everyone here has straight hair or mega-weaves! :confused3:
    gagirl09 wrote: »
    Stonecrest Mall has this little natural store upstairs. I went there to buy a variety of goods just this past Friday. They are really nice I got my shea butter , coconut oil, rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil, jojoba oil, and a more natural facial scrub!!!

as many times as I've been to stonecrest I've never seen this store! I can't wait to check it out the next time i go
    http://public.fotki.com/tatertotz/

Current Products:
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    Shampoo: Yes to Carrots Shampoo or HEHH 2-n-1 Shampoo/Condish
    Rinse-out Conditioner: Yes to Carrots Condish, HEHH, Nexxus KeraPhix
    Deep Conditioner: Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol
    Leave-in: Giovanni Direct, Cantu Shea Leave-in
    Stylers: Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum

event.png
  • ambitioussinglemom.comambitioussinglemom.com Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hello all… I too am in ATL and would love to have a buddy to transition with. This will be my second attempt at going natural and I really want to succeed this go round. The last time I went all natural was back in 2005. I did the big chop, rocked a TWA but was entirely too impatient to wait for length. So like a fool I relaxed it again. Had I just been more patient my hair would be a great length by now. However this time I plane on transitioning with twist outs, braid outs, and flat twist styles. I thought about going the route of braids, but I don’t wanna put too much strain on the delicate area where the two textures meet. My last relaxer was in the beginning of March 2010. So if there are any others out there new in their transitioning stage I’d love to support one another in this hair journey…
  • CurlsandSunshineCurlsandSunshine Registered Users Posts: 3
    I'm from Atlanta! I don't know exactly how long I've been transitioning, but hopefully it'll be worth it. God, dealing with the 2 deifferent textures has been a nightmare though. I'm a 3b! :thumbright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file