new catagory for thin/thinning hair

Heather0kayHeather0kay Registered Users Posts: 667 Curl Neophyte
Some of us with thin hair have to search all over to find info and there are a lot of repeat questions and posts. Us thin haired people have to use different products and different methods of styling than the typical 3a, 3b etc. I know there are a lot of categories already though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse

Comments

• CurlFaceCurlFace Registered Users Posts: 176 Curl Neophyte
    That's a good idea. Funny you say that, I actually found your post by searching for "thinning hair." It's such a scary thing to go through. I'm trying to figure out what I can co-wash with that won't weigh my hair down.
    Type: 3a - type 1 on the underside. Thinning.
    :glasses11:
    Currently using:
    -Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo (occasionally)
    -Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner
    -Suave Waterfall Mist Conditioner or Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific as leave-in
    -A mix of Shique Gel and HE Totally Twisted mousse
    -FX Curls Up Mousse, on occasion

• AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    I third this recommendation. It really is quite different and crosses all of the typical curl categories!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Sorry! I just saw this. I don't see any reason not to create a forum for this. Lemme give it some overnight thought just to be sure.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • DizzyfrizzDizzyfrizz Registered Users Posts: 13
    I would also heartily support a forum section for those of us with thinning hair! :)
    3a/fine/thinning/high porosity
    Sulfate-free and no-cones since Nov. 5, 2009
  • CurlyCowgirlyCurlyCowgirly Registered Users Posts: 299 Curl Neophyte
    CurlFace wrote: »
    That's a good idea. Funny you say that, I actually found your post by searching for "thinning hair." It's such a scary thing to go through. I'm trying to figure out what I can co-wash with that won't weigh my hair down.

Why do you have to co-wash at all? I was CO-washing for months, and just recently stopped. I'm water rinsing in between my low-poos instead and my hair couldn't be bouncier nor happier!
    Cheers! :wave:
    Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
    AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
    CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
    Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
    Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
    Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's
  • OnduleeOndulee Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Curl Connoisseur
    Please, Please ,Please create a place for us Thinning hair ladies!
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, many of us have the problem at one time or another - I did a few years ago, and I seem to be beginning to again in the same area (left temple area).
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurlFaceCurlFace Registered Users Posts: 176 Curl Neophyte
    CurlFace wrote: »

Why do you have to co-wash at all? I was CO-washing for months, and just recently stopped. I'm water rinsing in between my low-poos instead and my hair couldn't be bouncier nor happier!
    Cheers! :wave:

Woops! Sorry, I haven't looked at this thread in weeks! I might try just water washing. I do use a low-poo, so I don't see why I couldn't start out with the water washing every other day or so, then move to more frequently. We'll see! :)
    Type: 3a - type 1 on the underside. Thinning.
    :glasses11:
    Currently using:
    -Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo (occasionally)
    -Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner
    -Suave Waterfall Mist Conditioner or Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific as leave-in
    -A mix of Shique Gel and HE Totally Twisted mousse
    -FX Curls Up Mousse, on occasion

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file