CurlTalk

Hair Envy

I ask this because I have a problem with being envious of other people's hair when I am on this site. :oops: Once in a blue moon I will see somebody who's hair I admire in person. But ever since I became a member on a daily basis I get overwhelmed by all the beautiful hair here. Anyways, I just wanted to see how many other people struggle with being jealous of others hair here on naturallycurly.com.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I'm not sure if envy is strong enough, but I admire many of the curly heads here for their well taken care of tresses. I have seen some 3c hair that I would love to have isnce I love tight corkscrews, but I'm a 3b, so that is that.

I do love my hair a lot more since coming here and switching up my routine though. The support here also helps when I spend too much time in a straight haired environment.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    I am happy with mine. :)

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    deleted for posting in wrong place
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    i like my hair, though i certainly admire a lot of curlies' hair.

(:

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    I do admire many of the tighter curlies, but I wouldn't be me without my own looser waves and curls. :D
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    There are a lot of heads here that I admire, but I have so much love for my own hair and am having so much fun playing with it, I don't want anyone elses (even on the bad days). The gift that I got from nc.com is how beautiful curly heads take care of their hair.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    I envy internetchick, babywavy, ab-star, and keewee. Thay all have amazing hair! But I still like my hair, because it makes me, well, me!
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    I'm not sure if envy is strong enough, but I admire many of the curly heads here for their well taken care of tresses.

ITA! I am coaxing my hair to health and I love seeing healthy, well-styled heads of hair. There are quite a few heads of hair I really like on here, but even if a genie came along, I don't see myself trading my hair. I would feel like I was abandoning it :( My dream hair is my own hair at its peak.
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users
    Now that I have gotten my hair long and healthy, I wouldn't trade them for anyone else's. There are some curlis here whose pictures I never get enough of such as Internetchick's and Tooj68's because our curls are very similar, but I still have mad love for my own curls, nonetheless!
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • NessyNessy Posts: 788Registered Users
    I wouldn't say I'm envious b/c I am very happy w/ my hair the way it is - it's my trademark. But I certainly do see lots of curly hair on this site that I think is gorgeous. I love all curly hair - I think it's beautiful.
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Really, I love my own hair and I don't think I would change it. But, a woman I work with has incredible 3c hair that I just adore. And, I also love this woman's hair: yoga teacher Seane Corn.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seanecorn.com%2Fbio%2Findex.html" class="Popup

Well, plus she can do a lot of poses that I am still working on!
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I do love my hair, but sometimes I wish I had waves, or some 4B curls, or just something different. If I had 4B curls I would part my hair right down the middle and have two cute puffs on each side :D I envy several of the curlies here :D
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I have horrible hair envy, even though my hair really isn't all that bad. I think I'm just more critical of my own hair, and it's easier to appreciate someone else's. Ab-star is my absolute hair idol, but there's so many beautiful heads of curls here!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I do love my hair, but sometimes I wish I had waves, or some 4B curls, or just something different. If I had 4B curls I would part my hair right down the middle and have two cute puffs on each side :D I envy several of the curlies here :D

That's funny - cuz I'm sure they all envy you! I know I do!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • soon2bsoon2b Posts: 220Registered Users
    I have hair envy because I am transitioning and haven't yet seen my real hair texture in full effect. I look at other ppls curly heads and hope mine might be like that bc my texture might resembles what theirs already is.
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS
  • ringletcurlringletcurl Posts: 40Registered Users
    I have hair envy not just on here but IRL as well. I envy anyone with thick hair, regardless of curliness.
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    AngieCurls wrote:
    I envy internetchick, babywavy, ab-star, and keewee. Thay all have amazing hair! But I still like my hair, because it makes me, well, me!

Me too, and more people. :oops:
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    I love alot of peoples hair on here but I wouldn't really trade mine but for maybe 2 or 3 peoples. Not that a ton of curlies don't have great hair, just that I really like my own hair. But if it would just be a little bit curlier I would be happy. To name one hair idol, if I could have Plink's hair I would be estatic! :D
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users

My friends little sister wears her 3c/4a hair like that--it's looks so cute.
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    I like long, more loose spiral waves, than curls. I love kimmyc's hair, lush, and gryantmarchstep, Munequita has the most amazing hair I've ever seen. There are a few others but I'm doing this all off the top of my head so I can't think of them right now.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    Interesting replies!
    I definitely am grateful for my hair. There are times when I'm washing it that I can't help but to think how soft and luxurious my hair is, kinda like a cashmere sweater. I don't think it would matter who's hair I had, I would always be envious of others people's hair. There are so many different colors and types of curl that are beautiful to me(I've also really admired many healthy straight women's hair before too.) Off of this site I would trade hair with: Muñequita, curly_princess, lushaholic, pixiecurl, mitabird, keewee, plink, Midnitecurls, urbancurl, moppyt, hockeymomof3, and doria...but there are many more people on this site I would trade hair with as well. Which is why I chose the too many to count option. :wink:
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I guess it just goes to prove that the grass is always greener on the other side, because I am always drooling over someone else's hair. :lol: Seems like there's a new one every week that I go gaga over. The list is endless!
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    How can you not be envious of all the gorgeous different curls on this site?? There are so many beautiful heads of hair on here to admire! However I do love my own hair and feel so lucky to have curls!!

(I totally am not worthy of being a hair idol...thanks for the kind words!! :oops: )
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!