how to fix my overly volumized curly hair?

Curly_LoverCurly_Lover Posts: 42Registered Users
My hair is like massively stressing me out now :sad9:

Its curly and wavy and i think im between a 2B and 3A. Im a product junkiee to the max and i've been trying almost everything i can. I went through a whole pantene stage which dried out my hair. When i was in 6th grade, my aunt straightened my hair almost every 2-3 sundays and with no heat protectant:silent: she would use like some grease. Anyways that caused a giant deal of dryness and damage. I got my haircut on thursday and my hair is shoulder length. Im excited for growing it out and donating it to locks of love :toothy8:. But anyways, the problem with my hair is that when it dries, it thickens and knots and gets volumized when i don't want it to. I usually carry about 5 scrunchies on me so i put it up in a messy, dry bun. I bought V05 herbal escapes strengthening shampoo and V05 moisture milks moisturizing conditioner. Im not going completely CG until december because i have to save money to buy new hair products that will weigh down my curls for winter. Anyways, i also have palmers olive oil formula with vitamin E conditioning spray oil (my grandma bought me that at walmart today while i was at school), mayonnaise moisturizing creme oil with egg protein, totally twisted curl boosting mousse, garnier fructis curl shaping spray gel, garnier fructis leave in conditioner, fantasia frizz buster serum, and aussie mega hold hairspray. Now i don't use all those products each day but i alternate. My definites are the mayo creme oil, garnier leave in and the curl boosting mousse and also the hairspray. Im going to start using the olive oil everyday on my hair in hopes for better results. My concern is why is my hair getting sooo volumized at the ends and not the roots, i add my products there as well. I comb through the conditioner in the shower and i bought a satin cap for overnight curls and i scrunch with an old t-shirt. I don't own a diffuser and i don't really want to buy one because i like air drying. Can someone please help me like figure out what i should do or what can help with letting my hair remain defined and not sooo volumized when let down?

Also i deep condition with silicon mix but once that runs out, im buying an olive oil dc.

and once more, i can't spend much time because i have to take a bus to high school so i have about 40 minutes to do my hair every morning. Pleaseee help:happy8:
in desperate need of an update!
PICT0655-1.jpg
to be continued..:thumbleft:

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Post this in a hair thread for more response:)
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Aussie Sydney Smooth conditioner is a great de-volumizer. Lately, I've only been able to find it in giant size pump bottles, but it's still dirt cheap.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Verity wrote: »
    Aussie Sydney Smooth conditioner is a great de-volumizer. Lately, I've only been able to find it in giant size pump bottles, but it's still dirt cheap.

is it heavy? and is it CG?
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file