Wen and HairOne?

Has anyone tried either of these? They are suppose to be conditioning cleansers. Are they the same thing as using VO5 or Suave, just more expensive?

Comments

• crwrittcrwritt Registered Users Posts: 705 Curl Neophyte
    Has anyone tried either of these? They are suppose to be conditioning cleansers. Are they the same thing as using VO5 or Suave, just more expensive?

I've used both, they are very similar.I liked them both, then got serious about reading the labels. If you want to be CG you are better off with V05 or Suave. Neither Wen or Hair One are cone free!
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
    I used both of them as well. IMO the Wen is much better, but being as CG as I can be (I still have to clarify occasionally with a sulfate, and I use low poos too) I stopped using it. It does have amodimethicone, so if your hair can handle that particular cone it's good. I'm fairly certain that the reason my hair liked the wen better is that the amodimethicone was farther down the list....on the hair one it's the 2nd or 3rd ingredient.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • willowmina moonwillowmina moon Registered Users Posts: 109
    I tried the Hair One from Sally's. Hate is a stronge word, but. My hair hated it and I hated my hair after using it.
    Willow Moon
    3a, thin, fine, porous
    Tresemme Radiant Volume for Co-Wash
    Suave Mango Mandarin for Co-Wash
    Rosehip Seed Oil 5 drops after Co-Wash
    White Rain Hair Spray when hair is damp/dry
  • smasters467smasters467 Registered Users Posts: 527
    I've used Wen, and I like it. The cone in it is amodimethicone, and it's low on the ingredients list. I don't mind that particular cone, as I don't have build up problems with it, and I low poo once a week or so. I haven't tried Hair One, but I know it has more cones in it than Wen does, so I probably won't. Wen isn't like using Suave or V05, it's super moisturizing, and it has a really thick consistency. It's also expensive...
    How's My Hair?
    Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
    Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
    Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
    Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
    Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
    SMB Photography

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file