Chunky Cranberry Sauce

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Anyone know how to make chunky cranberry sauce? A friend says he just dumped a bag of whole berries, sugar and an orange in a blender and viola! Didn't work for me...
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Chunky like just with whole berries?

If thats what you're looking for, I use a bag of cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar (add more if you like a sweeter sauce) and a cup of orange juice. Heat the juice and sugar together until the sugar disolves, then add the berries. Simmer until the berries start to pop and remove from heat.

From there I put the sauce in the bowls I'll use to serve it and let it just come to room temperature. I'm sure you could store it as well if thats what you wanted to do though!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone know how to make chunky cranberry sauce? A friend says he just dumped a bag of whole berries, sugar and an orange in a blender and viola! Didn't work for me...
    The ingredients are right but you have to cook it. Use OJ instead of an orange, and for an extra kick grate in some orange zest. Yumm.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The berries weren't whole just in large pieces. And I don't think he cooked them. Mine cme out like paste, so maybe the orange juice (rather than an orange was the difference)..

Thnks!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file