L'Oreal's new sulfate free colors

susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
Has anyone tried this or looked into them? I'm starting my research, etc. now, but wanted to know that ya'll have on it.

While Eva Longoria Parker has great hair and does a lovely commercial for them, I sorta doubt that she does her own color ;D Sarah Jessica Parker for Garnier either
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Comments

• nchamblynchambly Posts: 13Registered Users
    L'Oreal's EverPure Sulfate-Free line is not haircolor; it's a color care system. The blurb on the Everpure website states:
    EverPure Color Care products are 100% vegan and contain naturally-derived cleansing ingredients with no harsh, color-stripping sulfates or salts. An exclusive Anti-fade System protects and conditions for long-lasting color purity.
    It lists 3 subcategories (Click on links for ingredients):

Moisture
    Shampoo
    Conditioner
    Mask
    Leave-In Conditioner

Smooth
    Shampoo
    Conditioner
    Mask (I've tried this. Moisturizes my hair really nicely, but brought the frizz down only a bit. I prefer Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask for DT).
    Frizz-Free Serum

Volumize
    Shampoo (I use this when I need to clarify. Sometimes, if my hair is really oily I lather it twice. Doesn't dry out my hair as much as the average clarifying shampoo, but still leaves it a bit dry. Lots of volume though).
    Conditioner

They also have a UV-Protection Spray.

Though not too familiar with the CG method, I don't think this line is CG-friendly. It contains silicones, with no sulfates to wash them out, so I think it would lead to buildup if used on its own. Also, I think the high amount of glycerin in most of its products would, over time, strip out semi-permanent hair dye (In my experience, using this makes the rinse-off water more colored than usual).

Verdict: IMO, not for CGs, or people who use semi-permanent hair dye, but fine for non-CG who use permanent dye.

BTW, my hair is 2c/3a, if that helps.
    --Alyssa
    gickrcom_184f3786-31e5-bb44-a594-4ee4b94329b9.gif
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The shampoos don't have sulfates but they do have surfactants and can wash out the cones. I think there's only amodimethicone anyways, so shouldn't be any problems with build up.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file