Starting modified CG . . . A few questions.

StellarCurlsStellarCurls Registered Users Posts: 159 Curl Connoisseur
Will a sulfate-free poo remove cyclomethicone? I just love Curls Rock Curl Amplifier by Tigi, but I'd like to stick to sulfate-free cleansing products. I know co-washes won't get rid of the cones, but what about some of the poos like Bed Head Foxy Curls?

Here's my list of products I'm trying right now, besides the two listed above:

Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel
Bed Head Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl Spray
Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner

If the Foxy Curls poo won't get rid of the cones, I may end up using a sulfate shampoo once a week or so. Right now, I wash my hair with sulfates every day, so that would be a great improvement. My hair is 2a/3a depending on length (the shorter it is, the curlier), probably highly porous, fine.

Thanks in advance for any advice/encouragement!
APL 3A
Medium porosity, medium density, medium thickness
Current routine: Daily co-washing with Giovanni conditioner (whatever is on sale), styling with Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier, and 1-2x per week cleansing with a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar followed by an ACV rinse

Comments

• StellarCurlsStellarCurls Registered Users Posts: 159 Curl Connoisseur
    Ah ha! I stumbled across the answer to my own question :). I thought I'd post it here in case it may help someone else. This link states that cyclomethicone can be removed with the cocamidopropyl betaine in the Foxy Curls poo (and also probably regular co-washing). So I think I'm all set to start being gentler with my hair. Wish me luck!
    APL 3A
    Medium porosity, medium density, medium thickness
    Current routine: Daily co-washing with Giovanni conditioner (whatever is on sale), styling with Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier, and 1-2x per week cleansing with a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar followed by an ACV rinse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file