Hey, I qualify...

runnerchickirunnerchicki Registered Users Posts: 475
I'm 41. Hello to my fellow "masters" (that's what we call forty-somethings in the runner's world. :happy7:
FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Registered Users Posts: 2,017 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome to the club!

You must be a real runner. I was excited when I hit 40 because I thought I would finally do better in my age group for the 1-2 races a year that I do. Not so much. The ladies who stick with it into the 40's are TOUGH!

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    howdy!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to our world.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    runnerchicki..are you interested in qualifying for the Boston Marathon?
    How long have you been running?
    If you're interested, check out our fitness forum :glasses7:
  • runnerchickirunnerchicki Registered Users Posts: 475
    runnerchicki..are you interested in qualifying for the Boston Marathon?
    How long have you been running?
    If you're interested, check out our fitness forum :glasses7:

Qualifying for and running a Boston Marathon is my ultimate marathon goal. I've been running since high school except for a year off for pregnancy and childbirth with each of my two boys (that was in the olden days when pregnant woman were not given permission to do vigorous exercise like running.) I've come within 5 minutes of my qualifying time, but I have struggled since moving to altitude. I live at 7,000 feet. I may have to age into my qualifying time, lol!

I will check out the fitness forum!

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    Wow, runnerchicki, that's awesome!
    g/l to ya

The race looks like a beautiful one. Love the comment the guy on the video says about almost bringing his ipod, but decided against it...

I got back into running this year after 20 years of not running :o I have really enjoyed it...sounds crazy, I know! :eye:
  • runnerchickirunnerchicki Registered Users Posts: 475
    Wow, runnerchicki, that's awesome!
    g/l to ya

The race looks like a beautiful one. Love the comment the guy on the video says about almost bringing his ipod, but decided against it...

I got back into running this year after 20 years of not running :o I have really enjoyed it...sounds crazy, I know! :eye:

Doesn't sound crazy at all! In fact, I have a button on FB that says "Yes, I actually LIKE running."

Good for you getting back into the groove after all that time...that is awesome!

The Colorado Marathon is supposed to be the most scenic one in the state. So of course I had to do it. I don't plan on doing a lot more marathons. Just a couple more and then I'm moving down to the half.:blob8:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file