CurlTalk

So, I brought in cupcakes for my friend's birthday today...

CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
...they were rather pricey cupcakes, but she really loves them, so I splurged.

There were 10 cupcakes...we have 8 people in today.

Right now, there are two cupcakes (and they are large cupcakes) left on the center table.

And somebody ate all the frosting off of both cupcakes with a spoon.

Okay?

Comments

• Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Are you sure they used a spoon?

Seriously though- what is wrong with people?!?!
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Dude. At least they used a spoon! They could've just licked the frosting off.

Not that I would do that or anything...
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Good point about the spoon. I just assumed it because the frosting was cleaned-off so well...and there was A LOT of frosting on those cupcakes!!!!
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    I doubt a spoon was used.

Either way that is rude- now no one can eat those 2! Why would anyone do that? Seriously thats what my baby cousin does and she's 3.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    People are disgustingly selfish. Ugh.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    I'd blame the intern!
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Was it the intern? :sign6:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    its definitely the intern.
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users
    I'd blame the intern!

That was my first thought!
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I'd be pissed. If my KIDS did that I'd be pissed. If my kids did that AT HOME i'd be pissed.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    Gross! People are such jerks.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • KikapooKikapoo Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    Wow.

You know that person had to sit there for at least a few minutes to scrape off all of that frosting and eat it. Or else they had to take the cupcakes back to their office, secretly scrape off the frosting, and then sneak them back to the table.

Either way, come ON.
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    KurlyKae wrote: »
    I'd blame the intern!

This means war. Not cool at all.
    Under construction.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I'd blame the intern!

:lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    WHAT?!?! That is super tacky. I can't believe the nerve of people.
    ehLB.jpg
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,193Registered Users
    Some people are just gross. UGH. Not to mention selfish.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    i'd check the intern with a stain on her dress.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    See...that wouldn't have happened if *I* had brought in the cupcakes, because I would have eaten the extra 2 before they even hit the office door.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    :laughing8:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Gross. Not just the actual scraping of the frosting. I'm more grossed out by people who can eat sickly sweet frosting by itself like that. Freaks. :p
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users
    This is just so rude and gross. :sad5:

I can't imagine anyone doing this. Yuck. :pukeright:
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    People at work can be so rude and gross. One time a coworker brought in a huge jar of pretzels for everyone to share. This one woman opened it up and scooped up a handful. No one else wanted to eat them after she had her germs all over them.

The workplace is not their home. No touching food that others will be eating. No double dipping, etc.

This cupcake incident is ridiculous.

ETA: This is why I don't like pot lucks at work when others cook food from their homes.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Befrizzled wrote: »
    KurlyKae wrote: »
    I'd blame the intern!

This means war.

Um, yeah. This was an act of war. How could it not be? :angry4:
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hope the "birthday girl" got hers, at least.

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    People at work can be so rude and gross. One time a coworker brought in a huge jar of pretzels for everyone to share. This one woman opened it up and scooped up a handful. No one else wanted to eat them after she had her germs all over them.

The workplace is not their home. No touching food that others will be eating. No double dipping, etc.

This cupcake incident is ridiculous.

ETA: This is why I don't like pot lucks at work when others cook food from their homes.

Lotsa can I tell you about the "church lady" at my job? She comes in Jesus church, Jesus bible, and the whole bit. Really not supposed to do that at work but anyway, she cooks dinners. Now she's a nice lady but I don't eat ANYTHING from anyone, double that if I don't know you! My coworker and acquaintance at work is pregnant and ate some of her food and it made her sick.

So church lady asks her if she wants to buy one of her dinners again. She politely tried to tell her no, that she had to be careful of what she ate because she was also carrying a baby. This woman went off going about how don't let anyone tell you that something is wrong with my food, this is church food it's good for you. My friend still tried to tell her no and the woman said that's okay, "God would be watching her."

Did He watch her when she threw up church lady's dirty lasagna?

I don't do potlucks or the like. There are too many closet nasty people.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    Really!!! Just TAKE the entire cupcake, eat the frosting as you wish, and then throw out the cake part. How difficult is that????
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    empressri wrote: »
    Lotsa can I tell you about the "church lady" at my job? She comes in Jesus church, Jesus bible, and the whole bit. Really not supposed to do that at work but anyway, she cooks dinners. Now she's a nice lady but I don't eat ANYTHING from anyone, double that if I don't know you! My coworker and acquaintance at work is pregnant and ate some of her food and it made her sick.

So church lady asks her if she wants to buy one of her dinners again. She politely tried to tell her no, that she had to be careful of what she ate because she was also carrying a baby. This woman went off going about how don't let anyone tell you that something is wrong with my food, this is church food it's good for you. My friend still tried to tell her no and the woman said that's okay, "God would be watching her."

Did He watch her when she threw up church lady's dirty lasagna?

I don't do potlucks or the like. There are too many closet nasty people.

Dude- grooooossssss!!!! And she had to pay for the pukey food too?! Talk about adding insult to injury...
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »
    Gross. Not just the actual scraping of the frosting. I'm more grossed out by people who can eat sickly sweet frosting by itself like that. Freaks. :p

Hee, I know. I scrape off the frosting, too, but that's because I don't like it. Way too sweet. I just eat the cupcake plain.
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users

Hee, I know. I scrape off the frosting, too, but that's because I don't like it. Way too sweet. I just eat the cupcake plain.

i thought i was the only one :)
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • cmb4314cmb4314 Posts: 984Registered Users

I don't like too much icing either, but my husband is one of those freaks that can eat it by the spoonful.

Whenever they have some kind of department party and they have a sheet cake, he goes over after the cake is gone and scrapes up all the leftover icing that people left stuck to the cake plate and eats it.

He would never eat the icing and leave the cupcake though. A) He's not tacky and B) I think he likes the cake part too much :lol: