Couple of qs from a beginner...

curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
Ello!

I'm going to start CG finally! The book took ages to arrive. A couple of questions though, hopefully someone can help.

Do I need to shampoo one last time to get rid of the cones in my normal styling products? My main product that I rely on is full of cones (it has to go... sob... :cry: ) so will a final shampoo get rid of those? (Various dimethicones).

Dandruff. For as long as I can remember I've used Head and Shoulders and have heard horror stories from (non-curly) friends that when you switch shampoo away from it you get loads of dandruff. Would this happen? And is there any CG-friendly way to get rid of it if it does?

Thanks everybody!
UK curly, 2C/3A
CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

Comments

• amytugamytug Registered Users Posts: 81
    I can't help you in the first question, as I dont know for sure what you should do. me personally, I shampood with a baby shampoo first, then started CG.

but I CAN attest to the fact that FOR ME anyway, the dandruff went away. I coudl'nt use any shampoo but Head and shoulders well and other dandruff stuff, but when I stopped using shampoo alltogether, it totally went away. for me, it might not have been dandruff at all, it could have just been owwie scalp from bad treatment......
    2b/3a - fine but lots of it
    goals- to grow hair to bsl, maybe a tad shorter. to learn to love my hair :S
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    I found H&S to be very harsh. It dried my hair out something awful :( If I were you, I would slowly cut back. I would start by using a gentler shampoo, and then after a week ro two start cutting back how often you shampoo. Perhpas using some Tea Tree Oil to alleviate any itchies, and it is also anti-bacterial :)
  • RedCurly1RedCurly1 Registered Users Posts: 14
    I was using H&S prior to going CG, and I had no problems after stopping use.
    I remember when I lost my mind - there was something so pleasant about that place - gnarles barkley
    3a with 3b underneath CG since end of July 2006
    Current favorites - CK, HE SMU, ACV Rinces, Honey
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
    Internetchick: On the list of not-so-harsh shampoos available in the UK was a tea tree shampoo. Would that be good to start with and prevent itching? Would save buying a shampoo and tea tree oil: on a budget :)
    UK curly, 2C/3A

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Internetchick: On the list of not-so-harsh shampoos available in the UK was a tea tree shampoo. Would that be good to start with and prevent itching? Would save buying a shampoo and tea tree oil: on a budget :)

If it's CG then why not! :D
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
    Will do! Thanks for the advice :)
    UK curly, 2C/3A

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file