What can I make with these ingredients?

I am interested in making a daily spritz but don't know where to start. I currently have Castor oil, olive oil, vegetable glycerin, lavender oil and coconut oil...any suggestions??

Comments

• Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Posts: 626Registered Users
    two tips

If you live in a dry area I would skip the glycerin, & be easy the the castor oil.

also

Coconut oil is great to seal in the moisture after you spritz.

Hope that helps
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix
  • holly8holly8 Posts: 632Registered Users
    panthenol( provitamin B5)
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    For a spritz, all of that together would be way too overpowering. There used to be a recipe going on years ago (don't have any idea if it continued circulating recently...) that went something like this:

1 Cup of warm water (preferably distilled)
    2 Tbsp. of your favorite CO
    A few drops of jojoba oil or other of your preference
    Shake everything together in a spray bottle and use when cooled for touch-ups.

Some people added a few drops of glycerine too, but gotta be careful not overdoing it as it can make the hair tacky/greasy looking; others with fine and not very curly hair added a bit of Epsom salts to encourage curl forming, and so on. If I were you, I'd use the basic recipe and just play around with it until you get the results you seek. Good luck!
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • FreeFlowingFreeFlowing Posts: 4Registered Users
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
  • FreeFlowingFreeFlowing Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thanks for all of the tips!
  • Akua WoodAkua Wood Posts: 23Registered Users
    Here is one of my recipes which you can adapt to suit. I prefer to weigh everything for accuracy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file