So In Style Stylin' Barbie Dolls

SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
41Hj6tAnhRL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Product Features
  • Barbie So In Style Stylin Hair Kara Doll
  • Features aqua curl fiber that makes the hair go from straight to fabulous curls
  • Includes a hair braiding tool, hair extensions, clips, brush and more
  • Comes with a stylists chair
  • Barbie So In Style Stylin Hair will turn girls into the ultimate stylist

Robin Young is going to be talking about the Black Barbie's on her Here and Now show today at noon (on WBUR-FM boston, NPR station). In the preview this morning, she mentioned they come with a little box of relaxer??? Anyone know if this is true? There are no details on the Mattel Barbie Collector site, and just above on Amazon.

Another Mattel Black Barbie was....drum roll....

Oreo Barbie!

2001_Oreo_Barbie.jpg

I won't be collecting this one!
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Comments

• hunnybeemayhunnybeemay Registered Users Posts: 75
    Oreo Barbie? Seriously?
  • TwoMoonsTwoMoons Registered Users Posts: 754
    Barbie. The nerve, the stigma. Either way... I hate barbie:puker:.
    :coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
  • goobernutgoobernut Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    My mom detested barbie. Whenever I was little and I asked for them, she made it clear what she thought of barbie. She did buy them for me anyway, but she always called her barbie B*tch. I got the message lol.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    We had a long discussion about this on the non-hair board... No one mentioned Oreo Barbie though. That's just unreal! *shakes head*
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • kenzie!kenzie! Registered Users Posts: 5,055
    they had a Caucasian Oreo barbie too....but yeah, i just think Mattel didn't think that one through very well....

From what I can tell they don't come with relaxer--they do, however, come with a little spray bottle, curling iron, and straightener--you can curl/straighten the barbie's hair when its wet....maybe she was talking about that??
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file