Does permanent color affect curly hair??

LarlyLarly Posts: 2Registered Users
I've been coloring my hair (because of increasing grey) for about 6 yrs now. My hair seems thinner and doesn't curl the way it used to. I used to be a 3b and now some of my hair is still curly, but the sides (which includes hair in the front because I have it cut blunt about half-way to shoulders) don't curl right (or at all) anymore. I don't know what to do with it. Don't want to cut it. I think I need to stop using the permanent hair color. HELP!!!!

Comments

• crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    I don't think it's the color. Gray hair has a different texture, porosity, etc. than your "original" hair. It doesn't behave the same.
    I've been dyeing my hair with permanent color for several years and have had no change in my curl.
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    DO you do anything to it after getting it colored, like a protein treatment or a DT? I've been going grey since I was 16 (so 20 years) and my hair is over 75% grey. I get it colored (with highlights and lowlights) every 6 weeks and do a protein treatment after. My hair is in great shape.

Grey hair has a different texture and may not curl as well, but I've found that coloring it help restore it to its former texture for me.

There are a lot of things that can affect your hair besides color. There are a lot of health issues that can. Stress can as well. I have a thyroid disorder and if I need a higher dose of my thyroid replacement my hair tends to start falling out, getting thinner and drier and it will lose its curl.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • imcarlimcarl Posts: 1Registered Users
    dear sir, i am in 1st year of university, i have lots of grey hair, it really feels embarrassed when i go to some party or function, i want to know is this genetic problem? Because in our family nobody has the white hair problem at early age, can you suggest me some grey hair treatment for me, right now i m doing hair color, but i know its not good for long term.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file