Going back to natural color?

Fanfarlo148Fanfarlo148 Posts: 151Registered Users
I have dyed my hair quite a bit, and right now my hair is no-where near my natural color. Sure, I like having odd-colored hair, but I really do miss my natural color. I blame finding old pictures of my hair being gorgeous, like these:

Here's a link to a post in the Curly Teen forum where I put pics of my hair's many color changes: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=87886

Right now, it's black. It isn't dyed permanently at the moment, rather I used Colorflirt mousse in Midnight Twinkle. I really would like to go back to my natural color, and I was wondering how long it would take to grow it back out, or if it's possible to bleach it and dye it to something resembling my natural color to make it a smoother transition? :cry:

Note: I've bleached my hair before, and I haven't been able to get the bright red out of my hair, even after 3 processes with 30 bleach. It still ends up looking like a popsicle. Is there any way to get it out/cancel it?

Comments

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Have you been doing all this yourself, or have you been to a salon? I recommend going to a salon and having a professional help you.

I am going to be going from my natural-but-colored dark, almost black, brown to a lighter brown - I have major gray and I can't keep up with the roots.

So I'm going to my salon and my guy is going to have to bleach my hair then color it again to a lighter color. It's going to be an ordeal and I wouldn't even remotely attempt it myself!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • discojamdiscojam Posts: 17Registered Users
    Bondi146 wrote: »
    I have dyed my hair quite a bit, and right now my hair is no-where near my natural color. Sure, I like having odd-colored hair, but I really do miss my natural color. I blame finding old pictures of my hair being gorgeous, like these:
    2008_0412mainlyreiandgunner0029.jpg

Here's a link to a post in the Curly Teen forum where I put pics of my hair's many color changes: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=87886

Right now, it's black. It isn't dyed permanently at the moment, rather I used Colorflirt mousse in Midnight Twinkle. I really would like to go back to my natural color, and I was wondering how long it would take to grow it back out, or if it's possible to bleach it and dye it to something resembling my natural color to make it a smoother transition? :cry:

Note: I've bleached my hair before, and I haven't been able to get the bright red out of my hair, even after 3 processes with 30 bleach. It still ends up looking like a popsicle. Is there any way to get it out/cancel it?

red is one of the hardest colours to get out of hair unfortunately, can I just ask how long ago it was that you previously bleached your hair? Is there a chance that underneath all the colour you've got on your hair at the moment the bleached hair is still under there or has it grown out? As this will affect whether you can bleach it again.
  • qimissungqimissung Posts: 211Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree with PartyHair, I would go to a salon and have them do it, they have the knowledge and experience to really do a good job. Just make sure you get an experienced colorist, it's worth the extra money.
    Fine cherub curls. LUS brand user. That's all I need!
  • knotty_loveknotty_love Posts: 170Registered Users
    yes, the ladies are right. The salon will fix you up well, a (good) one will. It might cost some though, but I'm happy that you decided to embrace your natural color and stop the dying. You will notice how much better your hair will look and feel. I was once a bleached blond for many years! ahhhhh!!!:thumbdown: I went natural and have been for almost a year now, best decision I ever made!

GOOD LUCK!:)
    Sometimes I think the craziness just curls out of my head..:geek:

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds."-Bob Marley

“There are only two types of women - goddesses and doormats”- Pablo Picasso

• Fanfarlo148Fanfarlo148 Posts: 151Registered Users
    Okay, I live in an area where 'salon' is taken to mean 'Haircut chain store', and I don't have the money to even get a $10 haircut at the moment. So either I grow it out, or I keep dying it. Right now, just continuing to dye sounds like the way to go, since hair dye is cheap and I can get any color I want. Thanks for your advice though!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file