We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Which is worse?

-cones are my least favorite
3b-3c CG
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    Sulfates are bad. If I use them too frequently, it doesn't matter HOW much moisturizing, or products I use, it looks dry, fuzzy, puffy - you get the point.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    Proteins are the worst to me simply because they are in SO many hair products. They make my hair dry, frizzy, and give me split ends.
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    When my hair was subjected to sulfates at the salon in the form of Biolage shampoo, my hair would be frazzled for weeks. Now I bring Low-Poo and my hair is happy!
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    For me I think it is the silicones that are hard to remove.

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    They all suck with my hair to some extent. I get build up or frizz or a coating so that my conditioner can't reach my hair.

If they didn't put polyquats and proteins and cones in stuff I wouldn't need that sulfate.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya :x
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I need the answer that says 'a and b', because usually use of most cones will call for use of sulfates. Both of these are very unfriendly to my hair. :evil:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    If I could I would have voted that sulfates AND proteins fry out my hair. But, sulfates are WORSE so I picked choice a!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,753Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Proteins leave my hair straw like and dry. Haven't a clue what polyquats are!
    3b in South Australia.
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users
    I picked all of them, because my hair has had bad results with all 4 ingredients. Sulfates especialy make my hair act up the worst! And cones come in a near second on my list.
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    I'm an OTHER. Mine is humidity - LOL!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users
    Good answer :D
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    Another vote for humidity!

If it weren't for humidity, I never would have felt the need to reach for silicone serums etc!
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Definitely sulfates for me. Protein doesn't bother my hair at all. Nor do cones, but the harsh shampoo needed to remove some of them is what is damaging for my hair. Honestly I don't know about polyquats, I'm not sure if I've ever used a product that contained them.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    If I used proteins everyday my hair would break off completely. I don't like sulfates anymore but would rather use them occasionally than to much protein. :?
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • jennyfurrensjennyfurrens Posts: 708Registered Users
    I need to shampoo once every 10 days or so to help my curls pop back to life, or they get dull and hang. And if I dont have anything else, sulfate will do (although I do need lots of condish after). But I can just NEVER use silicones or my hair is a disaster.

cleanse: OS shampoo. PureNuffStuff cleanser.
    condition: Aussie 3MM. Jessicurl Aloeba.
    style: B2Basics GreenTeaGel. T&G Curl Balm. JCarter Nourish&Shine.

pw: curlywurly
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,753Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm an OTHER. Mine is humidity - LOL!
    Ahh, yes - the stuff of my nightmares!
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file