Aloe Vera Gel vs. Aloe Vera Juice

Sorry if there’s already a thread about this somewhere, but I haven’t been able to find one so I thought I’d start my own.

Ok, so I was wondering…what’s the difference between using AV gel vs AV juice on your hair?

I was using Hask Spray it Curly for a while—and I loved what it did to my hair--but I found that the product makes my scalp flake and itch like crazy! It gave me great root curl, and I want to figure out what ingredient caused all the curling. I’m suspecting it’s the AV juice because numerous other “curl enhancing” products I’ve looked at all list AV juice as one of the basic ingredients.

I use FOTR AVG as pretty much my only styling product right now, but I also want to experiment with the juice to see if I can boost my curl and reduce my frizz.

I just want to see if anyone has tried aloe vera juice on their hair, and what they think of it.
Hair type: Fine, thick/dense, low porosity 3A—with 3B mixed in.

My hair hates protein & LOVES honey!

Condish: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
Tools: Curls Like Us Curl Cloths, denman, finger-diffuser

CG since March 17th 2009!

Comments

• Pops G-MaPops G-Ma Posts: 201Registered Users
    I just started using Dutchess of Curls Gel which has aloe juice and i love it. To me it works differently on my hair than aloe vera gel
    HAIR DESCRIPTION:
    Wavy, Coarse Porous & Dry

FAVORITE PRODUCTS:

CJDF(Co-Wash)
    CJH&B (Rinse out)
    CCCC Lite
    CIAB
    Biosilk Rock Hard Gel or HESMU
    36_1_60.gif
  • goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    I agree with Pops G :) straight aloe vera gel on my hair doesn't do me any good. Aloe vera gel in a product seems to be okay, but my hair really seems to do well with the aloe vera juice in products -- ie my hair favors those products.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • mushroom_headmushroom_head Posts: 118Registered Users
    I just found an aloe gel mixture meant for sunburns. Do the ingredients look CG and okay for hair? I've been wanting to try glycerin and it's high on the list, but not sure about the other stuff.

Max Block Aloe Vera After Sun Soothing Gel

Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, PEG-8, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Diazolidinyl Urea, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, FD&C Blue No.1, FD&C No. 5.

Sorry if it's OT, but it's somewhat related? :tongue5:
    Coarse, thiiiick, porous, drrrry, 2c, dislikes proteins, likes ACV!
    Suave or V05 for co-wash, Garnier Nutrise triple nutrition and sleek & shine, Matrix Biolage conditioning balm, FSG and LA Looks sports gel.
  • kobeloy121kobeloy121 Posts: 4Registered Users
    alovera gel is used to condition you hair whereas alovera juice gives natural support to your hair as you drink it daily

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file