Hey, Ya'll

sweetypiesweetypie Posts: 86Registered Users
It's me sweetypie. I've got henna questions,but I'll look for the right place

4b
BC May 2009
less product is enough

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Thanks for joining us!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • sweetypiesweetypie Posts: 86Registered Users
    Gretchen wrote: »
    Thanks for joining us!

thanks I'm lovin it here. There's always a good conversation going on.

4b
    BC May 2009
    less product is enough
  • Curl CanuckCurl Canuck Posts: 6Registered Users
    Hi :)
  • Carol AnnCarol Ann Posts: 1Registered Users
    I'm totally new here. It's nice to find a website where curly-haired women can have support. It's not always easy having curly hair, when the beauty "ideal" seems to be straight, swingy hair.

I've struggled with my curly hair since high school, when I had it longer and would iron it on my mother's ironing board, in my desperate attempt to try to have the long, swingy hair like the other girls in school.

My hair is not kinky curly, but it is definitely curly - and the curls are tighter in some areas of my scalp, a little more than others. I've used straightener on it, curling irons, blow-dryers with straight-comb attachments, etc., etc. -- and I've tried (many times) to wear it naturally curly, only to not like it and then go back to straightening it.

Well, my hair is starting to gray now a little bit (I'm in my early 50s), and I'm having my brunette color woven into it to cover the gray - so, I just don't want to put straightener on it OR torture it, anymore. I want to love my hair in its natural state -- so, lately I've had it chin-length and curling on its own.

All of us here know that curly hair, worn naturally, has its own challenges . . . we do not get up in the morning, comb it into place, and go. Nope! We have to wet it, let it dry without messing with it (or risk frizzing it out all over the place, if we handle it too much when it's damp), then use our fingers to carefully fluff it into place. All of that takes TIME. --- So, if I need to leave the house by 7 a.m., I have to get up at 5 a.m., if I want my curls to look nice. That's the hard part about having curly hair - that it requires a certain way of handling, for it to look its best.

I have my bangs short, and I still straighten them to get them to look smooth, because I don't like the bangs curling up on my forehead. If I grow the bangs out, and let them dry naturally, they're corkscrew curls - and that's fine - but the all-one-length look on me is a little severe, so I do keep bangs. I might let them grow a little, though.

Anyhow, hello to all of my curly-haired sisters! I'm so glad I found this site!
    Welcome
    Hi :)

4b
    BC May 2009
    less product is enough
    Carol Ann wrote: »
    I'm totally new here. It's nice to find a website where curly-haired women can have support. It's not always easy having curly hair, when the beauty "ideal" seems to be straight, swingy hair.

I've struggled with my curly hair since high school, when I had it longer and would iron it on my mother's ironing board, in my desperate attempt to try to have the long, swingy hair like the other girls in school.

My hair is not kinky curly, but it is definitely curly - and the curls are tighter in some areas of my scalp, a little more than others. I've used straightener on it, curling irons, blow-dryers with straight-comb attachments, etc., etc. -- and I've tried (many times) to wear it naturally curly, only to not like it and then go back to straightening it.

Well, my hair is starting to gray now a little bit (I'm in my early 50s), and I'm having my brunette color woven into it to cover the gray - so, I just don't want to put straightener on it OR torture it, anymore. I want to love my hair in its natural state -- so, lately I've had it chin-length and curling on its own.

All of us here know that curly hair, worn naturally, has its own challenges . . . we do not get up in the morning, comb it into place, and go. Nope! We have to wet it, let it dry without messing with it (or risk frizzing it out all over the place, if we handle it too much when it's damp), then use our fingers to carefully fluff it into place. All of that takes TIME. --- So, if I need to leave the house by 7 a.m., I have to get up at 5 a.m., if I want my curls to look nice. That's the hard part about having curly hair - that it requires a certain way of handling, for it to look its best.

I have my bangs short, and I still straighten them to get them to look smooth, because I don't like the bangs curling up on my forehead. If I grow the bangs out, and let them dry naturally, they're corkscrew curls - and that's fine - but the all-one-length look on me is a little severe, so I do keep bangs. I might let them grow a little, though.

Anyhow, hello to all of my curly-haired sisters! I'm so glad I found this site!

Welcome

4b
    BC May 2009
    less product is enough

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file