A relaxer that doesn't burn???

PrincessLoopyPrincessLoopy Posts: 89Registered Users
I get relaxers every 4 months (Whoo hoo!) :mrgreen:
Do you know of one that doesn't burn at all?
I HATE the burning, like to the point where I cannot stand it.

Right now I use Hawaiian Silky No Base relaxer and it's awesome, leaves my hair feeling silky. But the burning can really suck after while.

And I don't have $6,888,660 dollars to spend on the Phyto relaxer (Ha ha, yes I know the Phyto is only like 60 bucks but I'm a housewife on a tight budget so I could use the 60 dollars for something else.)
Any suggestions? Anything? Help? :confused:

~Thank you

event.png

Naturally coily, 4a when wet, 4a and 4b when dry and loving it. Low porosity, Medium-High Density, Coarse/Thick textured :happy7:
It's my hair and if people don't approve they should take it up with the creator, not the creation. : )

Comments

• PrincessLoopyPrincessLoopy Posts: 89Registered Users
    So no one wants to help me? All I need are names of some relaxers that don't burn :sad7:

event.png

Naturally coily, 4a when wet, 4a and 4b when dry and loving it. Low porosity, Medium-High Density, Coarse/Thick textured :happy7:
    It's my hair and if people don't approve they should take it up with the creator, not the creation. : )
  • SugarNutsSugarNuts Posts: 250Registered Users
    I heard Nairobi's relaxers are really good.
    Hair Type: 4a/4b Combo
    Last Relaxer: May/June 2008
    Big Chop: N/A
    http://members.fotki.com/SugarNuts (1/31)
    Detangle/Co-Wash: VO5 Freesia or Green Tea
    Shampoo: White Vinegar

Deep Con. Treat.: Aussie 3-min. & Olive Oil
    Final Wash: Nexxus Humectress
    Moist. Spritz: Glycerin, Water, Proclaim 7-Olive Oil, Suave Extreme Leave-In

age.png
  • kacie_luvskacie_luvs Posts: 96Registered Users
    in my opinon every relaxer burns lol u could try basing your scalp with vaseline before applying the relaxer it should stop it from burning i no longer relax but when i did i loved silk elements lye...it burned only when i didnt base my scalp and Nairobi is also good
    DEALING WITH LIFE DAY BY DAY...:blob3:
    TRANSITIONG IS HARD!! BUT.I LUV MY HAIR:love7:
    HAIR TYPE:4a EVERYWHERE!!!!
    fine in the front;thicker in the back...
    Last relaxer:May 9th.09
    Currently 7 months post (going by every 4 weeks)
    in kinky twists indefinitely:santa:
  • ChAoTiCbLiSsChAoTiCbLiSs Posts: 127Registered Users
    Because of the chemicals used to relax the hair...all of them can potentially burn your scalp. Sorry! :-(
    3b/2b/3c mix
    ~no heat, sulfates, silicones, mineral oil or petrolatum~
    CURLS, My Honey Child , KCKT, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic, & Elasta QP Feels Like Silk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file