I'm new here and I need help

brown_bunnybrown_bunny Registered Users Posts: 51
Hello everyone. I just discovered this site today and I'm sooo excited because I'm not completely hopeless any more.

It turns out I'm transitioning. By accident. See, I got a perm in April or March this year and never got one since. i must admit I haven't properly combed out my hair in a long time because I've been scared of all the breakage. So does anyone know of any way to loosen up those tangles ( you know they are most persistent where new growth meets permed hair).

Thanks
My hair is stubborn, resilient, and not willing to conform to society's standards..
Just like me

Comments

• jadeperidotjadeperidot Registered Users Posts: 46
    Well I would get a good detangling leave in conditioner like Kids Organics Shea Butter Hair Lotion. Also detangle in the shower with conditioners like Vo5 Strawberries and Cream or Suave.
    3c/4a soft & frizzy curls with way too much SHRINKAGE :thumbdown:

Doing what the mean hair says and keeping it as conditioned as possible.

**Craving longer hair**
  • brown_bunnybrown_bunny Registered Users Posts: 51
    thanks a lot.
    My hair is stubborn, resilient, and not willing to conform to society's standards..
    Just like me
  • abeautifulbrownabeautifulbrown Registered Users Posts: 73
    Please please please... use your fingers first!!
  • soon2bsoon2b Registered Users Posts: 220
    Do it with your hair loaded with conditioner....in fact, let it sit on there for a while.....detangle WITH FINGERS.....then with wide tooth comb.
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS
  • SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    Start with a great conditioner with hard core slip. Try Elucence or Suave Naturals conditioner (Milk n Honey, Fresh Berry Smoothie). Let the conditioner sit on hair for a minute or so. Then fingercomb gently to give it a headstart. Then gently detangle with a wide tooth comb starting at the bottom and working your way up toward the roots.
    hth
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • brown_bunnybrown_bunny Registered Users Posts: 51
    I tried smothering it with conditioner ( Vo5 and some Suave Kids' detangler), which I left on for at least 20 minutes. I fingercombed and then used the wide tooth comb. But most of my hair has really small tangles that are very hard to detangle with my fingers. And they're too small for the wide tooth comb to deal with.I couldn't get them out without ripping a lot of my hair so I stopped because I thought I did something wrong.

Any ideas?
    Just like me
  • soon2bsoon2b Registered Users Posts: 220
    At this point you might loose some hair....but try parting your hair in really small sections and use a smaller tooth comb....while wet detangle from the bottom up.
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file