Best "time" to try new products?

I am sooooo eager to BUY! lol

OMG, my list...... even to buy just samples of all the items on my list.... :blackeye:

I've been reading a lot about winter weather changes and product change. And I realize that summer routines and winter routines can be different...

But do you think there's an "ideal" time to try new products?
CG since Nov 15

Fia : 2cMii
NT : 2b/3a?

Growing out straight perm so half my head is wavy curly and the other is bone straight (lopped off half my hair Oct 28 )

Med texture / Normal porosity / Normal elasticity / Medium density
Tends to be a bit dry

Currently trying out:
John Masters Organics
Jessicurls
Re:Coil
Curl Keeper

Comments

• MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    The Weekend lol!

But I wait until it's really constantly cold out or really constantly warm out, to see what products work when. The spring/fall 60 degrees one day/10 the next (especially indiana) is a bad time to get a products effect
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Personally, my inner PJ says that ANY day is a good day LOL....:twisted: It's pretty typical though around this time of year (seasonal changes) that we start to need other types of products for our hair.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoMoreStraightPermNoMoreStraightPerm Posts: 57Registered Users
    The weekend - LMAO!

Thanks very much! I can't wait! :nemo:
    CG since Nov 15

Growing out straight perm so half my head is wavy curly and the other is bone straight (lopped off half my hair Oct 28 )

Tends to be a bit dry

Currently trying out:
    John Masters Organics
    Jessicurls
    Curl Keeper

• AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
    Lol, to be honest I just try new products anytime during the year just to see how they combat the weather change. As soon as I buy a product I don't see any point in waiting, I just try it out, lol. I agree though, the environmental changes affect our hair and we have to use maybe a less or more hardcore product depending on the weather. But if you don't actually try the product, you don't know how it will 'react'. Just go for it! (says the PJ of all time)
    xo
    ~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
    ~~~
    Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
    Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
    ~~~

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I usually do my experimenting with new products on the weekends too. :D If I can't wait to try them, I will do it on a weekday and just have a backup plan (headband, hairclip, BLAX band, etc.) in case it turns awful at work.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If humectants are high on the ingredient list I wont do it in lower dews but besides I'll try new stuff any time. And I'll try the same product in summer if it didn't work in the winter. You never know. The Duchess of Curls didn't work for me in spring but in fall I'm super impressed. Ingreients/dews are keys (most of the time) in my experience. I spent a lot of unnecessary, but fun, money in the beginning until I learned about dews.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• NoMoreStraightPermNoMoreStraightPerm Posts: 57Registered Users
    Thanks everybody!

My fingers are clicking away!!:compress:

Weeeeeeeeeeeee:tongue5:eeeeeeee!
    CG since Nov 15

Tends to be a bit dry

Currently trying out:
    John Masters Organics
    Jessicurls
    Curl Keeper

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file