Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe PLEASE!!!!

gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
Could you guys post your brown sugar scrub recipes? My scalp is ITCHING!!!!
Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
BC: December 19, 2009
Products: Whatever works!

Comments

• MsCurlyBellaMsCurlyBella Registered Users Posts: 45
    Here's the recipe I use and it's from the "Curly Girl Handbook" :

1 tablespoon brown sugar
    3 tablespoons conditioner

1. mix together to create a thick paste
    2. wet hair in the shower, then rub the paste on your fingertips. Apply to scalp and massage gently in a circular motion, starting at the nape of the neck and moving upward. Linger on any spots that seem tense or tingly.
    3. Rinse thoroughly, then condition

HTH!
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
    Thank you so much!! I have read some people say the brown sugar dissolves quickly and some have subsituted it with turbinado sugar have you ever tried it?:D
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • MsCurlyBellaMsCurlyBella Registered Users Posts: 45
    I've never tried that, but I agree that the brown sugar does dissolve rather quickly. While I still get a good scrub with this recipe, I'll try the turbinado sugar next time. Thanks!
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    turbinado is too exfoliating for me. feels like all my skin is being removed. i use white sugar and get the best of both worlds.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mj11051mj11051 Registered Users Posts: 407
    2tablespoons of brown sugar (Turbinado raw cane sugar) I got this from Whole Foods Market,however you can find it in a health food store
    3/4 cup of conditioner (any thick one will do)I used Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
  • curlykinkynfrizzy?curlykinkynfrizzy? Registered Users Posts: 321 Curl Neophyte
    I don't measure anything but I use:

brown sugar
    honey
    EVOO (or jojoba, I think I'll try castor oil next time)

My skin feels soooo buttery soft when I get out of the shower. And my lotions just sink into my skin!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file