awesome 2nd, 3rd, 4th day hair! :D

curlicarlycurlicarly Posts: 242Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I have finally come up with an awesome routine that gets fabulous 2nd-6th day hair for me. It works every time! Here's what I do:

-at night: condition, product, gel, air dry. satin bonnet overnight
-Next day: still have 1st day hair, so leave it how it is
-That night (if my hair is looking frizzy and big): separate hair into 4 sections (2 front, 2 back) wet each section with a palmful of water. add a small amount of conditioner to each section, and a little gel if you want extra hold. braid each section, rubber band at the ends. to keep the ends nice, i either use rollers on them or roll the ends with metal clips that i clip to the rubber band. satin bonnet and sleep.
-next morning: carefully remove rubber bands and clips and unbraid. gently fluff hair and separate any too-big clumps
RESULT: pretty 2nd day hair! this is especially good for people who want to de-volumize, i.e. me! i have to fluff and separate, which is so awesome! :O I also like that it only takes me about 5 minutes to do..

I guess this is sort of similar to CurlyNikki's twist-n-curl, but for me, a twist-n-curl takes DAYS to dry. I just use this to get multiple day hair :)

What do you think?
3b/c coarse, porous (I think), and THICK! Mod CG since: 10/11/08
Avoiding humectants and protein!

Comments

• goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    I'm glad you've found something that works! I think its a great idea for people who have too much volume or a lot of hair in general.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file