Do you ever buy makeup just for the packaging?

LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I'm definitely guilty of this. I just bought a YSL rouge volupte lipstick, because the packaging is so darn pretty. I also love the MAC collections, because the packaging is so interesting. I always get compliments on my style warrior and manish arora stuff because of how unique the casings look.

Anyone else like me?
naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am a FOOL for packaging. Benefit gets me on this score. Chanel used to, also.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nooooooo....

there are some MAC collections with cool packaging and not a colour to suit me, so i pass them by. Fafi is the one that comes to mind most readily.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wouldn't buy make up just for the packaging, but it does help. I like the look of Benefit's products and the sleekness of Bobbi Brown's. I'm very happy when I find something nice in pretty packaging.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wish I had as much restraint as some of you.

My sister always tells me that I am a marketing department's dream, because I always fall for the gimmicks. LOL.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    definitely!! i bought one of the powders in my makeup bag because the mirror and puff-thingie are in a drawer that swivels out from the bottom of it! If I had the money i would buy everything benefit sells--just for the packaging!!:mrgreen:
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    all of the time!!! most of my benefit stuff and some of my nars stuff i thought looked pretty :) and a couple of my eyeco stuff. i do use them occasionally (benefit, like, once a months if that, nars multiples more like everyday). i'm definitely a sucker for cute packaging :)

oh welllllll :tongue5:
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Stila's packaging is ugly (in my opinion) so it's harder for me to buy. But I recently caved and now the lip gloss in Apricot is my favorite.

I try function over form, but occasionally I leave the path. Like with Urban Decay's Big Fatty? It's so pretty, but honestly I can get a Maybelline Full n Soft for cheaper but much more boring packaging, and it will do the same thing (which is what I'm using these days).

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i get suckered in by pretty perfume bottles :colors:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm sure I'm susceptible to pretty makeup packaging. But I'm way more interested in how the makeup looks on ME. :glasses8:

Sidenote: With skin care, the most effective products I've used are in the plainest/ugliest packaging! That's OK -- I sure don't care what a bottle looks like sitting on my bathroom shelf.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    The only time I remember buying something for the packaging was a Chanel pressed powder compact.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    alacurl wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm susceptible to pretty makeup packaging. But I'm way more interested in how the makeup looks on ME. :glasses8:

Sidenote: With skin care, the most effective products I've used are in the plainest/ugliest packaging! That's OK -- I sure don't care what a bottle looks like sitting on my bathroom shelf.

I totally agree with you about skincare. Cetaphil makes my favorite facial cleanser and body moisturizer. Lord knows their packaging is as humdrum as it gets.
    naturally 3b/3c

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes-I am a marketing person's dream.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    xcptnl wrote: »
    Yes-I am a marketing person's dream.

LOL! that's what i say!!!! i am helping this economy/ recession! keeping makings pretty (and shiny and portable) objects and i will continue to be a loyal shopper :)
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Posts: 2,607Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't even wear makeup but I googled the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick just to be nosey. I completely agree, the packaging is gorgeous!
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file