Nervous Wreck! 4 hours till my hair cut!!!!

Aaaahhhhh! Here I gooooooo! :confused3: I'm attempting to get my layers fixed by Ethan at James Allen Salon in Austin and although I've read awesome reviews I'm still a wreck! lol

I guess that's what happens after a lifetime of horrible cuts! I don't have pictures of what I want because I really just want it fixed up w/o losing too much length being I'm trying to grow out some length eventually.

I guess the best thing I can do is communicate a ton! Oh boy... wish me luck!!! :) Sorry for the random rambling post... I just know you all have been in my shoes!

-MF
~~~ CG: 9/23/09 ~~~ :toothy4:
Hair Type: 3a/3b, Fine-med, re-assessing my porosity (avg to low maybe???)
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries & Cream
Rinse-out/Leave-In: LVPNG, AOHR/Giovanni DLI
What's working: KCCC, AOMM, Pantene Curls Mousse, AO-B5 gel
Trying: Soap bars, Nexxus protein treatments, CJCCC, Dutchess of Curls, any HE mousse and gel, BRHG.... open to other suggestions!
* Hair appears to freak out with glycerin
* Diffuser Dependent

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    good luck MFritter! Post how it goesicon7.gif
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    Good Luck! I hope it goes well for you. I'm sure it will be great.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • MFritter7MFritter7 Posts: 60Registered Users
    Thanks ladies! Deep breaths.... lol :)

I'll let you know how it goes...
    Trying: Soap bars, Nexxus protein treatments, CJCCC, Dutchess of Curls, any HE mousse and gel, BRHG.... open to other suggestions!
    * Diffuser Dependent

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MFritter7MFritter7 Posts: 60Registered Users
    YAY! I didn't get butchered!!! :) He was awesome! He listened to everything I said and was completely honest with me... he told we couldn't acheive what I wanted here today because my top layers were still too short (which I knew) but he could definitely even things up a bit to make it look better and easier to handle and without chopping the length off.

I appreciated the honesty SO much! He took very little off and so far it looks great! He didn't diffuse so I didn't get the usual shrinkage but I think that actually is better considering how short my top layers still are... so I think I may now try to elongate as oppossed to shrink for a little while.

He also told me most of my frizz was due to rogue grey hairs and breakage/damage from highlights and is not a moisture or over conditioning problem... which means for now I can stop attempting to try to figure out if my hair needs or doesn't need moisture!

He used AG: Recoil and lots of it... I'm not sure I like the way recoil works for me however overall I am really happy with the cut my new stylist!!!

I CAN BREATH NOW!!! :) Thanks for listening!
    * Diffuser Dependent

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    that is great! post a pic when you canicon7.gif
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    Yah, glad you're happy :D
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    Yeah!!! SO glad to hear it worked out well for you. Don't you love when a stylist is honest and listens? Like gold!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file