Question for those who use flax seed gel.

Do you use anything else with it? Curl Cream...other gels? I have some of BB' flax gel, but find I just don't get enough hold with it.

I am trying it because I'd like to get away from using really strongg gels. I have very fine hair and gels a lot of times make my scalp shiny and my hair plasters against it. Fine hair can be such a pain at times.

So...how do other flax users use the gel?

Jodi
So far just experimenting with anything and everything!!!!

Comments

• sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    I dont use a curl cream with mine because I put magnesium sulfate in mine, which helps with the curl enhancement. I sometimes use a leave-in with mine, it just depends on if I've put moisturizing oils in my gel. I usually put seamollient and aloe gel in mine, which helps with the hold, so I dont really need a gel on top. If you feel like you're not getting enough hold, try using more FSG (when you think you've got enough, use a little more) or you can try another strong hold gel on top. Just experiment so you can decide what best suits you.
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I ALWAYS use a curl cream and Gel.
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    The one thing I've found about flax gel, for me anyway, the more I use the better my hair turns out. I have used it all by itself with great results and I have used it with/without a curl cream and/or a stronger gel on top with great results. I always use a leave in with my products, sometimes a lighter leave in and sometimes a heavier one. You might be able to get away with just a tad of a medium/heavy gel on top. I love FSG!
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    I always use a LI or curl cream and gel, but just a little (usually pea size amt.). I use lots of FSG and love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file