Weekly routine?

I know a lot of people only low-poo once a week.

What happens on the other days?

Are there days you don't wet your hair at all? And on the days you rinse your hair, or wash with conditioner, do you do your entire routine (scrunch in conditioner, scrunch in gel, SOTC), just minus the low-poo?

2nd day and 3rd day and 4th day hair -- that means you have not gotten your hair wet in that time, and all products (cone-free) are sitting in your hair, and you just reactivate them with water/gel sprays and whatnot?
CG since Nov 15

Fia : 2cMii
NT : 2b/3a?

Growing out straight perm so half my head is wavy curly and the other is bone straight (lopped off half my hair Oct 28 )

Med texture / Normal porosity / Normal elasticity / Medium density
Tends to be a bit dry

Currently trying out:
John Masters Organics
Jessicurls
Re:Coil
Curl Keeper

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yep. Do a search for 2nd day hair, and you'll get lots of ideas.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • NoMoreStraightPermNoMoreStraightPerm Posts: 57Registered Users
    Sorry, my question was probably unclear. Of course I've searched and read all about 2nd day hair.

I'm actually asking the opposite.

My hair doesn't really get oily and I can go a long time without getting my hair wet....but is it healthier for the hair to get conditioned every other day?

If your hair can take it, what is the ideal weekly schedule?

This is what my stylist recommended (for healthy hair):

MON Shampoo, condition, deep treatment
    TUE
    WED Condition
    THU
    FRI Shampoo, condition
    SAT
    SUN Condition

1) Does that look like a good plan?
    2) On those 4 days, it's pretty much the same routine, just minus the poo?
    CG since Nov 15

Growing out straight perm so half my head is wavy curly and the other is bone straight (lopped off half my hair Oct 28 )

Tends to be a bit dry

Currently trying out:
    John Masters Organics
    Jessicurls
    Curl Keeper

• oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    I've found it depends on the person. Some people here only wash every couple of days because their hair a) holds up (3rd and 4th day hair!) and b) doesn't need dampening that often. Some people, myself included, find we have to at least condition every day - partially because my hair just gets gunky quickly, but because I sleep like a top and couldn't get 2nd day hair if my life depended on it. Lo-poo really depends on how much buildup you have (I can go a month without a shampooing... sometimes I do two or three times a week). There is no prescription - it depends on what your own hair needs, and no one can tell you that with any surety except your hair itself. :)

I think the schedule you have above is as good a place as any to start, though. :)
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    That plan is actually pretty darn close to what I do.

I tend to wet my hair about every other day through the week, and on the weekends it varies. Some weekends I don't wet it at all, some I do a long dt or something. I listen to what my hair needs.

A typical week for me is like this:

Sunday: Nothing
    Monday: low poo
    Tues: Nothing
    Weds: CO
    Thurs: nothing
    Fri: CO
    Saturday: Nothing or what my hair needs

For instance, Today I'm planning a long dt. I got some new products I'm dying to try. But that generally means I wash 3-4 times a week. My scalp is much happier. And because I don't usually (unless I need to clarify) strip my hair with sulfates, my hair and scalp don't get oily either. I am modified CG....but even my clarifying shampoo is sulfate free (Pravana) so sulfates maybe touch my head once a month or so.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoMoreStraightPermNoMoreStraightPerm Posts: 57Registered Users
    Thanks.

I guess I just can't fathom scrunching and then sitting around waiting for my hair to dry that many times a week, especially when my hair doesn't bother me. (I'm fine putting my hair up or back, or wearing a hat or whatever.)

But I would hate to keep products in my hair (even cone-free) if it means that after a few months of say, rinsing my hair once a week, would eventually dry out my hair.

P.S. I'm not even really getting day 1 yet - I'm still getting used to it all! :cyclopsani:
    CG since Nov 15

Tends to be a bit dry

Currently trying out:
    John Masters Organics
    Jessicurls
    Curl Keeper

• rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    You don't necessarily have to get rid of it at all. A lot of us are modified CG. Especially us wavies. On the days I don't wet, sometimes I can get day 2 hair. On the days I can't I pull it up.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file