handheld/bonnet dryer and flat iron recommendations?

mariposamariposa Posts: 177Registered Users
also posted in s couple other forums..... since i am not sure where to put it
=====
hi

can anyone recommend a blow dryer for my hair type - 4a/4b....... mini- ringlets (you can see closeup picture on my avatar)..... my hair is very fine and i really don't want it to be damaged.... and i am deeply in love with my minicurls

i guess it should be ceramic and 1800W minimum so i can do more styles...... i will also need a straightening pic....... and perhaps a diffuser......... i would be happy to buy the attachements separately but from my last foray to my local bss it's hard to find ones that fit..... i bought a conair but had to return it..... then the 1200W braun dryer i had burned out (my 2nd time using it) see below for details

also any recommendations for a salon style/bonnet dryer would be great

i did buy the gold and hot one attachment that slips onto a hair dryer but 1) it kept slipping off my head as it inflated (perhaps was designed to work w- curlers) 2) the dryer quickly burned out

i've hardly used any heat over the last 11 years...... i mean hardly..... maybe 6 times at the most..... and those mostly within the last year
i am hoping to use the dryer for twists...... and also to try some shingling-type hairdos a-la miss jessie's salon.... so looking to use heat 1-4 times a month..... more often in winter.... unless i put braids in....... with the new loose styles i have been wearing the past month my hair is wet nearly the entire day..... sometimes much longer

recommendations for a flat iron also appreciated - my hair has never been flat ironed or hot combed/straightened etc but it's something i would like to look into as an experiment...... as long as it does not involve chemicals..... i am also concerned about my hair being damaged...... was thinking of having it done professionally once..... just to see...... there is a woman in my area who i know could do a great job but the salon is quite costly

please note i am extremely cash strapped....... but it will help to know the ideal items, regardless of cost..... as well as any value/budget ones

thank you!
4a/4b tiny penspring curls
Lifelong natural i.e. never relaxed

hair growth journey
http://public.fotki.com/boboleta/

Comments

• ConcernedCoilsConcernedCoils Posts: 106Registered Users
    Good Flatirons are Jilbere Ceramic 1-inch (under $50) and
    Chi Ceramic 1-inch or Hai Ceramic 1-inch (with heat dial) both around $100.

You can find a hard-hooded style dryer at any beauty supply. If you try a generic supplier you might even find it for under $30 bucks.
    products:
    co-washing with any Aubrey Organics product
    Olive Oil +/under leave-in for super soft hair!
    Whipped Karite/Shea or Avocado butter leave-in
    Also lots of water, pilates and meditation
  • soon2bsoon2b Posts: 220Registered Users
    Maxiglide is good.....you can have the payment broken down into 3
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 177Registered Users
    soon2b wrote:
    Maxiglide is good.....you can have the payment broken down into 3

thanks i'll look it up

hair growth journey
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 177Registered Users
    Good Flatirons are Jilbere Ceramic 1-inch (under $50) and
    Chi Ceramic 1-inch or Hai Ceramic 1-inch (with heat dial) both around $100.

You can find a hard-hooded style dryer at any beauty supply. If you try a generic supplier you might even find it for under $30 bucks.

thanks

my local store (sally's) has two hard-hooded dryer's i believe one is a goldn'hot and the other is made by ion..... both in the $40s and up

i'll look around some more...... a dryer for under $30 would be fantastic..... or even a used one but no-one seems to have this stuff anymore

hair growth journey
  • ConcernedCoilsConcernedCoils Posts: 106Registered Users
    you might find it cheaper if you try an ethnic beauty supplier. They usually have the hooded dryers cheper than SB, but you can also try Target or Walmart if you have time to compare...
    products:
    co-washing with any Aubrey Organics product
    Olive Oil +/under leave-in for super soft hair!
    Whipped Karite/Shea or Avocado butter leave-in
    Also lots of water, pilates and meditation
  • KinkyPJKinkyPJ Posts: 297Registered Users
    Wrong thread.
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file