Banding-Techniques Anybody?

h2wQueenh2wQueen Registered Users Posts: 551
Okay, so recently stumbled onto the practice of banding and this could be due to shear laziness. I have been twisting some parts of my hair at night and banding the part in the back that is more difficult to reach. I think its working for me, but i was wondering does anyone else practice this a method for stretching out their hair and if so what's your technique. I can see it being a major alternative to the twist out(due to the twist time) if i can get a a good technique. So lets chat. Do you do it, Do you do it wet or dry...spill the beans please.
"We Live From the Head Down and Not the Feet Up" ~Donnie

Comments

• EfuruEfuru Registered Users Posts: 169
    I'm a lazy bander (only use about 2-3 bands for each section). I do it while I detangle (so wet and loaded with condish) and then when my hair is 90% dry I take each section down and do three twists or so (my hair is dense!). I try not to sleep with the bands in ( its uncomfortable and I worry about too much tension) and I only do them once a week (when I wash), I plan on stopping when I learn to canerow/cornrow.
    CoilyCurlyWavyKinks in the UK!:headbang:
    Hair type
    : High density/low porosity/fine-coarse/medium strands
    Current aim: Growing out henna

event.png
  • h2wQueenh2wQueen Registered Users Posts: 551
    Efuru wrote: »
    I'm a lazy bander (only use about 2-3 bands for each section). I do it while I detangle (so wet and loaded with condish) and then when my hair is 90% dry I take each section down and do three twists or so (my hair is dense!). I try not to sleep with the bands in ( its uncomfortable and I worry about too much tension) and I only do them once a week (when I wash), I plan on stopping when I learn to canerow/cornrow.

So do you sit under a dryer to let it dry or do you air dry?
    "We Live From the Head Down and Not the Feet Up" ~Donnie
  • EfuruEfuru Registered Users Posts: 169
    I let it air dry.
    CoilyCurlyWavyKinks in the UK!:headbang:
    Hair type
    : High density/low porosity/fine-coarse/medium strands
    Current aim: Growing out henna

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights