Anyone who can review Dr Hauschka's Products?

millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Registered Users Posts: 404
They look like well crafted products. I am very interested in the
Conditioner with Jojoba and Marsh Mallow

HC_jmc_d.jpgbottomHtml.gif
Conditioner with Jojoba and Marsh Mallow

Intensive care for all hair types

All hair types find shine, luster and vitality when treated to this blend of naturally gentle botanical ingredients.
  • Natural conditioners marsh mallow and larch extracts soften and detangle
  • Macadamia nut and jojoba oils nourish and moisturize
  • Burdock root, neem, nettle and rosemary extracts renew and invigorate hair follicles and scalp
  • Apple cider vinegar restores shine and prevents build-up
and the neem oil:

HC_no_d.jpgbottomHtml.gif
Neem Hair Oil

For normal to dry or damaged hair

This intensive formulation is massaged into the hair and scalp to strengthen dry, brittle and chemically treated hair and calm itchiness and irritation. Neem leaf extracts and rosemary essential oil discourage hair breakage and add natural shine, body and luster.
  • Neem leaf and chamomile extracts calm itchy, irritated conditions
  • Rosemary essential oil stimulates the scalp
  • Encourages healthy hair
  • Adds natural shine and manageability to hair
3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.

Comments

• BinechaBinecha Registered Users Posts: 24 Curl Neophyte
    I would be interested by a review too since these products are available here in France and that's pretty rare...
    Pj girls where are you?
    event.png

French curly misses Canada so much ...Let's see if I can find some great products in France... So far:
    Co-wash: Sandy detangling balm (so cheap but sooooo great)
    Rinse out: Syoss Après shampoing cheveux secs et abimés
    Leave-in: S-curl activator, ysiance crème de soin sans rinçage
    Styling: AVG
    Want to try: ecostyler,long aid activator gel, butters...
  • msjaimmsjaim Registered Users Posts: 948
    ive been curious about this line, but they are hella expensive
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    i'm curious too. it's sold at wholefoods.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • h2wQueenh2wQueen Registered Users Posts: 551
    I see this at the store i go to for my Qhemets. Its actually right next to teh qhemets products so I almost picked it up one time. crazy huh. I have wondered so long. I may try the condish or shampoo (can't even believe i typed taht word) this weekend. If i try, i'll let ya know.
    "We Live From the Head Down and Not the Feet Up" ~Donnie
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Registered Users Posts: 1,166
    Yes and I stand by my original statement. The conditioner SUCKED!!!

I don't remember the exact texture but I do remember that it was not moisturizing and didn't have any slip at all. Luckily I had gotten it from the swap board so I didn't pay full price.

The shampoo wasn't bad at all. It offers a gentle cleansing and doesn't strip the hair. I'm still working on it since I only shampoo once a month after henna and switch shampoos frequently.
    IMG_2442+-+Copy+2.JPG
    Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Their skin products are excellent but I do think the line is overpriced. I haven't tried the hair products. The neem hair oil doesn't seem to have much neem.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • parislarueparislarue Registered Users Posts: 235
    Tried the deodorant- a no go
    3C .....thru......10Z
    Holy Grail Products:
    KCCC, KT

Nothing exudes confidence like a woman comfortable in her own skin.

http://members.fotki.com/parislarue/about/
  • dommodommo Registered Users Posts: 11
    The neem hair oil is great. I love it. The conditioner on the other hand is not so good. Not moisturizing enough especially for the price.
    "Live everyday as it is your last'
  • GermanCurlyGermanCurly Registered Users Posts: 123
    The conditioner is not worth the money. I had a sample and didn't like it...
    mother-tongue: German:tongue3: - sorry for the mistakes I'll make!!!
    3c/4a
    Last relaxer: August 14, 2008
    BC: July 11, 2009
    Fotki - PM for PW or leave a message in my guestbook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

event.png
  • Keeps_shrinkingKeeps_shrinking Registered Users Posts: 37
    DON't!!! Just don't!

I live in Holland and most products that are talked about on the forum are not available in my country. So I tried the Dr. Hauschka conditioner and......
    It really isn't worth your money.... well, at least the conditioner isn't. I've tried it multiple times, as well as a co-wash as for conditioning. It tangled my hair extremely, has no slip and even seemed to be drying my hair. Though is seemes tempting and has good ingredienst (jojoba, macademia oil - which usually helpes detangling my hair - and others) this stuff really doesn't work. Sorry I have to tell you this ( as being a Dr. Hauschka-lover)....

Dr. Hauschka is famous for their great skin products like the Rose cream. They should stick with that!

Hope this helpes.....
    3C, very fine (and fragile) hair

Wash:Rhassoul, once every 1 or 2 weeks
    Condition: AO Honeysuckle Rose
    DT: Jessicurl weekly deep conditioning treatment
    Henna: once every 2 weeks
    Leave in: Yes to cucumbers

On s'en fou!

Yes I'm Dutch, yes my hair is kinky, start dealing with it!
  • earth218earth218 Registered Users Posts: 47
    Agreed, great skin care products, hair products- not so much. I have found that Aubrey Organics is the best organic clean product for less money. The deodorant did work for me though (the key is daily exfoliation).
  • ninadefninadef Registered Users Posts: 243
    I have the Neem oil and have used it as a prepoo.

It's alright, I guess, but Vatika Oil is better for me.

I have also used it to "cure" dandruff on both my stepfather and sisters fiancee and it really worked good on them (both 1a types).
  • millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Registered Users Posts: 404
    Thank you ladies for saving me from a bad purchase, I was two steps away from buying the conditioner. I'll try the neem oil because I need an alternative to Coconut Oil and Vatika Oil.
    I live in Holland and most products that are talked about on the forum are not available in my country. So I tried the Dr. Hauschka conditioner and......

I am also dutch but studying in Canada, when I went back this summer for the vacation I carried a ton of products back but there are fairly few websites based in Holland where you can get most of the products talked about on this forum and if you are not CG Andrelon is amazing.
    3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
    Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
    Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
    Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
    DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.
  • taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614
    I was just thinking of asking about Dr. Hauschka conditioner. Thanks for posting this thread !

I came across Hauschka condish a few days ago but it is so expensive !
    However I did get something similar for about a third of the price of Hauschka, it's a bit watery so I don't have high expetations, but it wasn't that expensive so I don't mind trying it. It has very good all natural ingredients in it and even the preservative is very mild (citric acid). The base is aloe leaf juice instead of water and it mostly consists of different vegetable oils including shea oil. I don't think I'll use it to comb my hair though as it is quite watery, rather I think I'll use it as a light leave in.
  • certifiedivacertifiediva Registered Users Posts: 173
    oh no... wish I would have read this thread before I had a PJ moment and purchased the shampoo and conditioner at the store yesterday... perhaps I can swap it... le sigh...
    Been a long time... I shouldn't have left you...

Re-Visiting Old Products & Checking out some new products... Coming up with a whole new hair routine... I've neglected my sexy kinks for far too long!

I'm baaaaccckk!

Being a Diva is a full time job...
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Registered Users Posts: 1,166
    That conditioner is GARBAGE cewrtifiediva. Get your money back!!!
    IMG_2442+-+Copy+2.JPG
    Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file