Another newbie

amalgamadeamalgamade Posts: 36Registered Users
Hi all! :hello2:

I go by EJay or amalgamade.

I'm 22, soon to be 23, and I've been long-term transitioning my AA hair since Aug 2008. Since I'm still transitioning, I'm not really sure about my stats, but I think it's:

curl type - 3c/4a (not sure, the front is tightly coiled, the sides have looser curls, but the back is soft waves)

texture - fine (I always needed children's relaxers and it is soft...if these are determinants)

porosity - high (my hair sucks up moisture like a sponge and less than half an hour later it's all on my face/neck)

Style: my hair is braided under a curly weave w/ approx. 2 inches exposed all around from edges b/c I am trying to grow them since they break so easily in kinky twists, other braids, and getting my hair pressed. I've been wearing it a month and a half, w/ a redo and DC every 2 or 3 weeks so far. I plan to keep it in until 2010 begins.

Products: Boundless Tresses Growth oil, Aubrey Organics Buckthorn curl spray (or sometimes [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Juices--Berries-p-757.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-juices-and-berries-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Oyin handmade Juices and Berries[/buylink] spray), and AO Honeysuckle rose/GPB conditioners (HR while weave is in, GPB for DC)

I'm at my wit's end trying to retain length. I want my hair to be as full and curly as the weave I'm wearing right now, lol. I hope you guys can help me and that I can do the same.

Comments

• SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ahh, growing out the length. Don't we all dream :). Of course, it's possible. If your hair is overly porous and looses moisture to easily, I recommend sealing your hair with an oil or pure shea butter.
    To keep your length, keep your ends protected (this helps prevent breakage). The moisturizing part goes without saying. I always put extra care into my ends, making sure they are moisturized and sealed (don't want that moisture going out!).
    As for DT's/DC's. I do mine every week. Winter's coming in, fellow curly. Not only is the temperature dropping, extreme dryness is accompanying it. I live in an area in which it stays pretty warm all year, but yes, in the winter it is dry, dry, dry.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file