Need a list of bad ingredients

i do not have the CG book and I did not see it at the bookstore so can someone give me an idea or list of what to look for when I go looking for conditioners? I know anything ending in one, and xane, but what else?

Thanks
3a hair, blonde, colored black then stripped after 6 months, now very dry frizzy and damaged :( Using KMS hair prepare which helps more the anything I have tried so far, but still need lots of help.

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Actually, only -cone is bad. -none is fine...those are usually preservatives. To get the other info, I'd just look through the other posts all over this site. That might seem like a brush off, but there's sooooo much to know about "good" and "bad" ingredients, it would be really hard to compile the info in one post. Hope that helps somewhat.
  • jennyfurrensjennyfurrens Registered Users Posts: 708
    here's a list of all ingredients found in haircare:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlscene/articles.php?id=326&PHPSESSID=48ef49d72db1f4e5f3351e95b0ab4c10
    the sufacants are things to look out for in shampoo, with coco.betaine being the milder one. avoid any sulfates. the silicones are to be avoided, but the water soluble ones can obv be removed with silicones. and watch out for mineral oils as they can build up, and polyquat (esp 10) also if your hair is still dry and brittle when you're avoiding all thsoe, consider protein sensitivity. and thus dont use proteins. theres a list of them on that website too :)

cleanse: OS shampoo. PureNuffStuff cleanser.
    condition: Aussie 3MM. Jessicurl Aloeba.
    style: B2Basics GreenTeaGel. T&G Curl Balm. JCarter Nourish&Shine.

pw: curlywurly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file