Pressed kinky hair thats humidity resistent! Yes you can

Hello all

I live in Tampa Fl and wonder if any of you know how to sucessfully press naturally kinky hair that will hold against the humidity and heat. A press that doesn't with-stand humidity and morning dew is not worth my time and effort. I know that there are some products that we can use maybe even organic/vegan to prevent our hair from returning to it's natural curly state but I am not aware of what products. I had got my hair professionally pressed (by my hairdressor who is a native of California)previously and it with-stood a shower in which I conveniently forgot to put on a shower cap (this was a total accident, but I was so impressed with the lack of effect it boar on my hair), humidity and morning dew and it still looked great 2 weeks later! I know that there has to be others that have recieved these results from a press job but I'm getting the feeling it's not very many because, I can't find any info anywhere with regards to how it's done. This is the only press job that I've had that held up and I know that there are others who know what African Americans can use to obtain this. If you know please reveal because I'm a little baffled on why more naturals are not aware of this including myself. Of course my hairdressor will not reveal her secret and gosh you know I can't say I blame her, but I must find out. My hair was light, had crazy body and resisted mad humidy AND IT WAS PRESSED! How the heck does she do it, someone please enlighten me. I am avoiding using any type of heat on my hair for the moment but once I am ready to press it, I want to be able to do it right, like she does. I have been perm/chemical free for 2 yrs and until around 2 months ago would just go get it professionally pressed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file