Robert Craig - how many of you use it?

CurliniCurlini Posts: 258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Interested in Robert Craig.
How many of you use it? Do you love it?
How many have used it & don't like it?
Thanks!
Medium Texture/Normal Porosity
Conditioners: Curl Junkie conditioners, Elucence moisture balancing, Darcy's pumpkin seed, Mop Top Daily
Gels: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ Curl Queen, UFDCM, Mop Top Curly Custard, KCCC (wish it didn't take so long to dry!), CJ Aloe Fix Lite
Weekly PT (CJ Repair Me) & DT
Icequeen method
CG since Aug. 08, still a lot to learn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Me! :thumbright: I use it! I love it! I have used it for over 14 years. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • turtleloverturtlelover Posts: 16Registered Users
    I have used it for 4 years, and love it. It has its quirks -- like the fact that it doesn't lift color....only deposits, but my hair has NO damage from this stuff. If you want a non-damaging product w/ little fade, this is it!
  • CurliniCurlini Posts: 258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks CurliLocks & turtlelover! Still mulling it over - torn between Robert Craig & henna...:confused:
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie conditioners, Elucence moisture balancing, Darcy's pumpkin seed, Mop Top Daily
    Gels: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ Curl Queen, UFDCM, Mop Top Curly Custard, KCCC (wish it didn't take so long to dry!), CJ Aloe Fix Lite
    Icequeen method

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Choose wisely. :) FYI: I think you can use henna after RC (not sure) but I do know that you cannot use RC after henna, until it grows out. There is no commitment with RC; if you try it and don't like it, you can use something else after. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    I use it and love it. I've been using it since May/June. I use it every 4 weeks.
    It's very easy. No toner, developer, etc. You can mix and match colors too.

Henna scares me. So I vote for Robert Craig.
    I use it and love it. I've been using it since May/June. I use it every 4 weeks.
    It's very easy. No toner, developer, etc. You can mix and match colors too.

Henna scares me. So I vote for Robert Craig.

Crimsonshedemon -
    Thanks for your advice. I'm curious why henna scares you. I agree it seems less predictable somehow - is that why?:?::smile:

CurliLocks-
    Thanks for the advice!:smile:
    Icequeen method

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My first few tries with Robert Craig were pretty good, but then suddenly, it started to deposit so much color on my hair that the sections where I applied it turned black. I had to stop using it.

Henna scares me, too. :)
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm just an RC Clear user. I love it for adding shine to my hair, which has become a challenge as I grow in my gray. It's gentle and does a great job. I've been using it for about 1-2 years and I won't even try anything else. This is good stuff!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Crimsonshedemon -
    Thanks for your advice. I'm curious why henna scares you. I agree it seems less predictable somehow - is that why?:?::smile:
    :[/QUOTE]

I'm a natural blonde and dye red. The only people I know who've henna'd have darker hair and the color change wasn't much.. more of a tint than anything.
    And from my understanding, you can't color over it.. you have to grow it out which I am not good at. I get a lot of outgrowth but my hair never looks longers. Plus I take a lot of medications and that can really mess with your hair so I like to stick with what I know. LOL! I won't bleach either because it scares me too.
    jillipoo wrote: »
    My first few tries with Robert Craig were pretty good, but then suddenly, it started to deposit so much color on my hair that the sections where I applied it turned black. I had to stop using it.

Yikes! Jillipoo -what do you use for color now?
    Icequeen method

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Crimsonshedemon -
    :

I'm a natural blonde and dye red. The only people I know who've henna'd have darker hair and the color change wasn't much.. more of a tint than anything.
    And from my understanding, you can't color over it.. you have to grow it out which I am not good at. I get a lot of outgrowth but my hair never looks longers. Plus I take a lot of medications and that can really mess with your hair so I like to stick with what I know. LOL! I won't bleach either because it scares me too.[/quote]

Crimsonshedemon-
    I can understand that - why change things when they're working?!
    Icequeen method

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Curlini wrote: »
    jillipoo wrote: »

Yikes! Jillipoo -what do you use for color now?

My hair stylist does my color now and I'm much happier. She uses Matrix color, I believe, and she mixes a couple of colors to give my hair the depth that I could never achieve with home hair color.
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

curls2grow wrote: »
    I'm just an RC Clear user. I love it for adding shine to my hair, which has become a challenge as I grow in my gray. It's gentle and does a great job. I've been using it for about 1-2 years and I won't even try anything else. This is good stuff!

Interesting! How do you use it? Does it get applied as if it were hair color?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file