Spritz and Condish Washing for Porous Types+Thirsty Curls Everywhere!

Comments

• curlykeycurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users
    I'm not porous or a wavy but this got me to thinking....I have read that for a conditioner to better be absorbed in your hair, to blot out excess water and then apply your conditioner. In other words the wetter your hair, the less it absorbs the conditioner. I can see how spritzing your hair instead of soaking it and then applying conditioner would work better. I am going to try this.
    I've also noticed that some stylers do better with more water while others are the opposite. For example the Gel-les'c...I don't know if it's because it's a "light" gel or what, but I've noticed that it does awesome in my hair when I blot out excess water and then use a leave in/detangler, whereas when I used it doing the SSM or with dripping hair out of the shower...it didn't do too good. :dontknow:

Maybe this is the key to getting more out of my conditioner as far as moisturizing...hmmm..and maybe I don't need a thicker conditioner after co-washing. you know Del you are pretty smart.:toothy4:

I will try this tomorrow when I wash. Thanks! :thumbleft:
    I hope I made sense.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    maybe I don't need a thicker conditioner after co-washing. you know Del you are pretty smart.

:laughing6: As much as I'd like to take credit for being "smart" this isn't my idea it's in the original CG handbook! She never talked about using a lighter condish for co-washing it's done with one Condish. It's no wonder so many end up over conditioned when they are introduced to the idea of using 2 conditioners!! This still works for some, but again you need to find what works for YOU. For me it's a disaster unless I'm super thirsty which I haven't been since doing the Spritz & Condish :tongue5:

You're right curleykey about the blotting before adding condish. You will absorb it better so I'm taking it one step further by spritzing letting it work itself in, then rinsing it out and adding a tad more if needed. I don't think this is only for porous heads but I know the porous ones struggle to keep their moisture, so it should be very helpful to those curlies. Hopefully :icescream:

You be sure and report your results now!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,265Registered Users Curl Novice
    Del2c; when you mist your hair before you apply the conditioner, how wet do you let your hair get? Do you mist in sections or just random spraying? I'm guessing that your hair is not soaking or dripping but probably pretty damp? Almost as if you'd plopped for a while?
    shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
    Frizzly wrote: »
    Del2c; when you mist your hair before you apply the conditioner, how wet do you let your hair get? Do you mist in sections or just random spraying? I'm guessing that your hair is not soaking or dripping but probably pretty damp? Almost as if you'd plopped for a while?
    You're right Frizzly it's as if I'd plopped for a while but without product.

When are you gonna try it :p
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,265Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm trying it tonight! I'm printing your first post so that I get it right. I'm excited too, maybe this can simplify my routine.
    shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Posts: 626Registered Users
    Thanks for this!! I have super dry hair and I'm going to try this. I have never done the 2 conditioner thing. But I have used the vo5 to co-wash every other day, then a rise out and neem shampoo bar 1x a week. Your method is almost like a pre poo. Sounds easy too!
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix
  • Pops G-MaPops G-Ma Posts: 201Registered Users
    Hi Del
    Have you tried this method w/o spritzing and just applying conditioner on dry hair? I read the back of my AOHR bottle and it says for very dry hair to apply to dry hair and scalp, leave 15 min then shampoo/condition as usual. (i also noticed for the 1st time, to shake well before using)
    Anyway.............by using your suggestion, for the 1st EVER i got 2nd day hair!
    My 15yr old son said my hair looked "fresh", my husband said "cute" and my daughter (most important of all) said "your hair never looked softer"
    The hair in my avie (which doesn't look dry) is within an hr or two of washing but never lasted more than 2-3 hours
    HAIR DESCRIPTION:
    Wavy, Coarse Porous & Dry

FAVORITE PRODUCTS:

CJDF(Co-Wash)
    CJH&B (Rinse out)
    CCCC Lite
    CIAB
    Biosilk Rock Hard Gel or HESMU
    36_1_60.gif
    Pops G-Ma wrote: »
    Hi Del
    Have you tried this method w/o spritzing and just applying conditioner on dry hair? I read the back of my AOHR bottle and it says for very dry hair to apply to dry hair and scalp, leave 15 min then shampoo/condition as usual. (i also noticed for the 1st time, to shake well before using)

I wondered about this too. You know on the Deva site they recommend for the 4 curlies to apply the No poo on dry hair...I've wondered about that..hmmm....
    I tried the spritz 'n condish today. My hair is still drying so I'm not sure as to the results but will update later.
  • RupertsWifeRupertsWife Posts: 492Registered Users
    Whew! I just read through this entire thread and have to comment and ask a question or two.
    First of all, I totally agree with the idea of this working for porous head (of which I am a member). I however am definitely NOT a wavy and the last two posts discussing applying condish to DRY hair got me really thinking. When I do a DT I always apply to dry hair.

The comment about applying product/cond. to damp hair is interesting to me and I tend to agree with it. Last night, I decided to try Alexjoujou's recommendation for adding conditioner until no more frizz was seen (I used a LOT of conditioner) but no matter how much I added it kept frizzing. Eventually my hair started to dry out a bit and as it did and I kept applying conditioner I noticed that it seemed to be eliminating more frizz then when my hair was soaking wet.

I will try the spritz and condish method first because my hair is so porous that it just soaks everything up. Hair does need some water I assume as well as emollients.

One question for Del - Are you still sealing after with this method? For me, my hair poufs up something fierce if I don't seal with oil or shea butter. It is the only way I can retain curl definition for more than a few hours after dry. Are you saying that this method corrects that issue?

3b/c mix; mixture of fine, med. and coarse texture with med-high porosity

Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    :rolleyes:

http://public.fotki.com/crazycurlz21/
    password:rupert
  • karen94132karen94132 Posts: 29Registered Users
    Del, I've been really intrigued by this post. While my hair isn't long, I have lots of it so anything to save drying time is appealing to me.

I've only been doing CG since July, so I'm still on the upside of the learning curve. I think my hair has a tendancy to be porous (I'm hoping to get a better idea about this next week when I get my Tiffany haircut along with the rest of the San Francisco brigage).

Getting the right amount of moisture in my hair to combat the frizz without weighing it down sounds great. I'll try this technique tomorrow and report back to everyone.
    Conditioners: AOHR, Giovanni 50:50
    Styling: AG ReCoil, DM MiraCurl Curling Gelly, Komaza Coconut Hair Pudding, AOMM
    Gels: Goddess Glaze, MGA Sculpting
    . . . and playing with lots of others
    crazy curlz I don't think this will only work for wavies curlay girlay isn't a wavie ;) and it worked for her. Remember Tiffany's motto too, Curl Pattern isn't the most important thing when taking care of our hair. Texture & Porosity is KEY!

I haven't even tried sealing in the "true" sense with an Oil because I added CK back to the routine and it would be too much stuff in my hair. I plan to try it when my hair has had enough of CK when it gets colder. For me, CK probably does what sealing does for you in terms of keeping the POOF down.

A while back we had some discussion on what was the best way to DT. Dry hair or Wet hair. I'll never find that thread :( I tried searching and I haven't been able to dig it up. What the conclusion was (as I recall) it's a matter of personal preference and possibly your hair type. I prefer to Spritz a bit first because I feel that the condish is absorbed better and it's easier to distribute then doing it on Dry Hair. There was also the issue of breakage when trying to spread it on dry hair.

karen go for it!
    Discovered CG 2007

• CurlayGirlayCurlayGirlay Posts: 240Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »
    crazy curlz I don't think this will only work for wavies curlay girlay isn't a wavie ;) and it worked for her.

Nope, I'm a definite curly and this has worked wonders. Anyways...

Tried this method for the third time today, even though I didn't need a wash. I wanted to make sure it really works and I'm not dreaming ;)

And once again it worked its magic and I'm having one of my best hair days ever! I got many many compliments today.

I'm one happy curly!:wav:
    CG since December 22, 2008!:thumbright:
    Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
    crazy curlz I don't think this will only work for wavies curlay girlay isn't a wavie ;) and it worked for her.

Nope, I'm a definite curly and this has worked wonders. Anyways...

Tried this method for the third time today, even though I didn't need a wash. I wanted to make sure it really works and I'm not dreaming ;)

And once again it worked its magic and I'm having one of my best hair days ever! I got many many compliments today.

I'm one happy curly!:wav:
    I'm so happy for you :blob: I know this has made a huge difference for me too!!

Now again, this isn't a NEW idea in fact I'm pretty sure Tiffany's book suggests doing a DT this way sleeping on it then washing the next morning. Only difference is that there is no reason why this will only work for DT days. Do it as much as you want! In the Summer I was having to wash every day cuz of swimming and I never got OC'd.
    Discovered CG 2007

Any updates girls?? I'm wondering how this might work for the non-porous. If it works for gals that aren't porous I'll have to edit my thread title :)
    Discovered CG 2007

• jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    Well, I am porous but still wanted to chime in. Del, I feel like I should mail you a check or something to thank you for posting this! Tried it today, worked like a CHARM! There is no 2nd day hair in my world, I have to wet and style EVERY day. This method is going to save me a lot of time, I will def. be doing this several mornings per week.

What I liked best about this was how soft my hair was, my reduction of frizz, and the quicker drying time.

A general question about porosity: Does it increase in cold weather, or is your hair just as porous in winter as it was in summer? Mine seems to be worse, just wondered if the colder temps were playing a part in this.

Thanks again!!
    jlpmom23 wrote: »
    Well, I am porous but still wanted to chime in. Del, I feel like I should mail you a check or something to thank you for posting this! Tried it today, worked like a CHARM! There is no 2nd day hair in my world, I have to wet and style EVERY day. This method is going to save me a lot of time, I will def. be doing this several mornings per week.

What I liked best about this was how soft my hair was, my reduction of frizz, and the quicker drying time.

A general question about porosity: Does it increase in cold weather, or is your hair just as porous in winter as it was in summer? Mine seems to be worse, just wondered if the colder temps were playing a part in this.

Thanks again!!
    Being porous=picky hair. We tend to be more affected by ingredients, weather etc. more then the non-porous types. It could be with the cooler weather your hair is reacting by wanting more moisture rich products. More LI's, DT's and more TLC in general. Have you tried acidic rinses to help close the cuticle?

I'm glad this helped though!!! Definitely a time saver :thumbup:
    Discovered CG 2007

• angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    Any updates girls?? I'm wondering how this might work for the non-porous. If it works for gals that aren't porous I'll have to edit my thread title :)

This is something I am definitely going to try. I've been following this thread with the intention of giving it a go. Today was my protein and moisture DT day so will be trying later this week. I used to leave condish in overnight before CG and wash out in the morning and I liked it so, I'm predicting this is going to be :thumright:.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
    OK this may have been the thread I had in mind when I said we had discussed this before. WW linked it on another thread for us.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=63818

As far as doing treatments on wet vs. dry hair: another basic principle with hair is that moisture attracts moisture. A wet substance will always be more attracted to another web substance than it is to a dry substance. You can manipulate this principle to your advantage as well, as long as you are mindful of the degree of moisture you are using.
    If, however, you VERY LIGHTLY mist your hair with water so that it is just this side of barely damp, the water mist will settle on the outside of your hair shaft and create a friendly environment for attracting another moist substance, and will help to carry it into the hair shaft. I do this all the time when I color hair and it can be an effective technique when apply a protein reconstructor or a deep treatment.

Now of course unless you become OC'd I see no reason why this principle can't be applied to co-washing as well. Especially if you're washing every couple days. I have not OC'd yet. It seems to me because you're absorbing a good amt. of condish prior to rinsing you don't need very much for a rinse out. With co-washing on very wet hair and then following with a rinse out, it's harder to gauge how much condish you actually need to get your hair effectively cleaned and hydrated. This theory works for me ;)
    Discovered CG 2007

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Ok. I tried this twice and if I did it right, it didnt work for me as it does for you. I believe its just because I have so much damn hair - but maybe I did it wrong.
    Just as a test, I did my regular, in shower co washing on a day in between to see the difference.

It seems my hair wont "take" the moisture from the condish unless it has been thoroughly wet down first. I dont know why, and again, I may have to keep trying, but both times I: 1) Had a VERY hard time working the condish into my hair (plus it took WAY MORE) and 2) My hair felt very dry once it was styled and dried, etc.

Can it be that some hair MUST be thoroughly wet to "accept" applied moisture??
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    rudee there is NO way you have more hair then me. :p

Well, your hair likes water otherwise your SSM wouldn't have been so successful. SSM wasn't good for me as you know. Not sure how other porous types did with the SSM? I think goober does it....and it works for her.

So YES it could be some hair must be thoroughly wet to "accept" condish.

I read this on the Natural Haven:
    Coconut oil reduces swelling of the hair shaft when the hair is immersed into water

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/04/coconut-oil-knowledge-from-our.html

Now maybe for porous heads we're creating the same kind of effect by doing this with conditioner. This is a good thing because we're trying to keep our cuticle from swelling. For Non-porous they may need water to penetrate and get effective conditioning.
    Discovered CG 2007

• goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    I have to say, the only reason I do the spritz and condish, is for my porous parts. there would be no reason if I didn't have this picky weird top part that seemed to eat products. The whole rest of my head will be slick with product but my porous patch will be dry and frizzy. With the spritz and condish, its not as bad anymore. It seems to even that out.

My new hair growth seems to never get wet. I'll be doing my final rinse (after the spritz and condish) and my roots will still feel like dry cotton, squeaky clean almost. SooOoo I'm guessing that as my hair grows out I'm going to have to adapt my routine.

The water when I re-soak my hair seems to be the only thing that clumps my hair together. Product won't do it. I have to get my hair to the correct clumpage with water, then put the product on.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Del this has been working wonders on my hair. I'm getting such consistent curls and much more definition. TY!!!!!!

http://public.fotki.com/JessCurls/clipping/100-1466.html
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

rudee there is NO way you have more hair then me. :p

Well, your hair likes water otherwise your SSM wouldn't have been so successful. SSM wasn't good for me as you know. Not sure how other porous types did with the SSM? I think goober does it....and it works for her.

So YES it could be some hair must be thoroughly wet to "accept" condish.

I read this on the Natural Haven:
    Coconut oil reduces swelling of the hair shaft when the hair is immersed into water

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/04/coconut-oil-knowledge-from-our.html

Now maybe for porous heads we're creating the same kind of effect by doing this with conditioner. This is a good thing because we're trying to keep our cuticle from swelling. For Non-porous they may need water to penetrate and get effective conditioning.
    My hair does love coconut....
    goobernut wrote: »
    I have to say, the only reason I do the spritz and condish, is for my porous parts. there would be no reason if I didn't have this picky weird top part that seemed to eat products. The whole rest of my head will be slick with product but my porous patch will be dry and frizzy. With the spritz and condish, its not as bad anymore. It seems to even that out.

My new hair growth seems to never get wet. I'll be doing my final rinse (after the spritz and condish) and my roots will still feel like dry cotton, squeaky clean almost. SooOoo I'm guessing that as my hair grows out I'm going to have to adapt my routine.

The water when I re-soak my hair seems to be the only thing that clumps my hair together. Product won't do it. I have to get my hair to the correct clumpage with water, then put the product on.

wow, so you have, like both scenarios.....
    My Photobucket Album
    I tried this and I got 2nd day hair, great second day hair and I haven't been getting 2nd day hair...at all for a while. Thanks Del! Oh, and I am not porous. I also noticed on the Lustrasilk shea/mango cholesterol, like other "treatments" it says to apply to freshly washed hair that has been "towel dried"....which would mean that your hair would not be soaking wet. So I am definitely going to do this method to get more out of my conditioners.
    curlykey wrote: »
    I tried this and I got 2nd day hair, great second day hair and I haven't been getting 2nd day hair...at all for a while. Thanks Del! Oh, and I am not porous. I also noticed on the Lustrasilk shea/mango cholesterol, like other "treatments" it says to apply to freshly washed hair that has been "towel dried"....which would mean that your hair would not be soaking wet. So I am definitely going to do this method to get more out of my conditioners.
    Well there goes my theory of this not working on Med Porous heads :lol:

Maybe rudee is Low/Med porosity?

YAY for 2nd hair curlykey!
    Discovered CG 2007

curlykey wrote: »
    Well there goes my theory of this not working on Med Porous heads :lol:

Maybe rudee is Low/Med porosity?

YAY for 2nd hair curlykey!
    You know, it occurred to me this AM that I should likely retest for porosity/texture, etc - seeing as my hair has changed drastically in the past year.

But Del, answer this science question: I get the premise behind why this would work for porous hair. What would be the most likely reason one would NEED to fully saturate their hair in order for it to accept product....?
    My Photobucket Album
    But Del, answer this science question: I get the premise behind why this would work for porous hair. What would be the most likely reason one would NEED to fully saturate their hair in order for it to accept product....?

If you think about it, porous heads absorb too much, so generally we need more product then a low or med porous type. It stands to reason that the lower porous types need to wet more & open the hair shaft to allow product to soak in otherwise the product sits on top. This would explain why you love the SSM and you use such small amounts of product.
    Discovered CG 2007

If you think about it, porous heads absorb too much, so generally we need more product then a low or med porous type. It stands to reason that the lower porous types need to wet more & open the hair shaft to allow product to soak in otherwise the product sits on top. This would explain why you love the SSM and you use such small amounts of product.

Wow - excellent point- that never would have occured to me!!! I always found it curious that less is more with me, despite the fact that I have so much damn hair....
    My Photobucket Album
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    Ok, so I tried this is morning. The results are...interesting.

I used some Nature's Gate as my "pre-shower" condish, and laid it on thick after some spritzing (I'm trying to use this condish up as I don't like it). I let it sit for about 5 minutes, then scrubbed my scalp with my fingers then my scalp brush, basically co-washing before my shower.

Then I got in, wet my hair just a little more, added some White Rain (again, just using this up) and finished co-washing since I didn't feel "clean" enough before. Lightly rinsed (about 75% condish still in there), added my rinse out, then let it sit while I detangled. Rinsed fully and got out.

Now here's what's odd: my hair was drying so fast that it wasn't the drippy mess it usually is when I apply products (immediately out of the shower). It was about as dry as my hair gets maybe 40 minutes out of the shower! Needless to say, I was quite worried, because I know by now that my hair loves to be VERY wet when I add product.

I used KBB mask as my leave-in (it's my ONLY good condish right now!), then Boots and coco oil to seal because the Midwest air is dry dry DRY! By this point, my hair wasn't dripping even a tiny bit! It was just very very damp.

A little finger styling and I was out the door. It's been two hours since I added product; and my hair feels like it's been maybe 3.5 or even 4!!

Pros: HUGE cut in dry time!, faster shower (because I co-wash outside for the most part, plus I don't let the rinse-out sit as long since I did my "pre-poo")

Cons: so far...none. My curls are skinnier than usual, but I can probably fix that by adding my products in the shower (usually I turn off the water, towel off, get dressed, then go do the products).

I LOVE YOU DEL! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

But...seeing that my hair loves more water than it apparently got with this method (based on how I clump more with more water), maybe I'm less porous than I thought? I'm definitely not "low porosity," but maybe less porous than what I thought? But I still use a lot of product, without ANY producty feeling (if I'm using products I like)...

How exciting.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • mushroom_headmushroom_head Posts: 118Registered Users
    First of all, I don't know what I'm doing, so my mixed results may be my own confusion! The first time, I tried it as close to DEL's instructions as possible. It took almost 20 minutes to spritz. I have a LOT of hair and my mister may be too stingy with volume of spray. I used GVP CB (which is new for me) and a lot of LOOC as LI to smooth out frizz so my hair ended up producty but did dry a little quicker. GVP may not be heavy enough and I probably shouldn't have tried so many new things at once.

The second time, I modified the idea. I lightly wet hair under the faucet and put on DT overnight. In the morning, I used the DT as co-wash, added an ACV rinse, then applied the usual. My hair was dripping wet and it's drying quicker than normal! There's still frizz, but that may just be my hair. I'm happy with baby steps! Thanks for the idea DEL!! :toothy6:
    Coarse, thiiiick, porous, drrrry, 2c, dislikes proteins, likes ACV!
    Suave or V05 for co-wash, Garnier Nutrise triple nutrition and sleek & shine, Matrix Biolage conditioning balm, FSG and LA Looks sports gel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file