Curl definition around perimeter and not in crown

FireFlowerFireFlower Posts: 137Registered Users
I have approx. three inches in the crown. The coils/curls around the hairline are easily defined, but the crown is drier, w/little to no definition. What's going on?
Classic 4a/b, fine, dense, normal to dry, low porosity
event.png

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your photos show definite progress. Hair is looking healthy and good.

Could the dry part could be a different types of hair? I have 3 distinct hair zones (just like the Amazon Rain Forest :lol: ) The bottom zone is the easiest to style, the middle zone is the most bushy, and the top zone/canopy, while it LOOKS like it should behave because there are coils up there, shrinks like a slinky and will frizz. I can't treat them alike. I give my middle zone more attention and moisture.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    I'll bet it's just a difference in texture. The sides and front of my hair has a looser, frizzier curl pattern, that at around 3-4 inches of hair drove me NUTS. I always had to add extra leave in or product to that area b/c it seemed to fight moisture retention.

I would suggest to keep on doing what you're doing, and continue to pump moisture into your hair...it looks great in your August photo, and as it grows it will be constantly changing.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • FireFlowerFireFlower Posts: 137Registered Users
    Ladies, thank you both for these encouraging words.... This is quite a journey.... Some days are easier than others....
    Classic 4a/b, fine, dense, normal to dry, low porosity
    event.png
  • Dijah_xoxoDijah_xoxo Posts: 131Registered Users
    im going through the SAME thing!! I think this is caused because the hair around the edges are realling fine and the center of my head gets really coarse =[ I guess i would have to mosturize more? That portion of my hair is CRAZY THICK and dry!!!
  • soon2bsoon2b Posts: 220Registered Users
    I know what you mean. My hair has two distinct texture. The backof my hair near my neck almost to the center is 4a and the front of my hair is 3c. You hair is definitely looking better though and seems to be growing fast.
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file