Stick foundation

PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
Are all stick foundations heavy coverage? I was checking out Bobbie Brown yesterday, and they said it is their heaviest coverage. It just seems like a stick would be so EASY, but I'd like something a little more natural.
Minneapolis, MN

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    Are all stick foundations heavy coverage? I was checking out Bobbie Brown yesterday, and they said it is their heaviest coverage. It just seems like a stick would be so EASY, but I'd like something a little more natural.

Yes, I'd say they're the heaviest (sticks are). You have a few options though to control coverge:
    *put a moisturizer on first and then apply the foundation on top before the moisturizer absorbs in
    *apply the foundation with a brush
    *use a tinted moisturizer instead
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    If it's just the ease that you're looking for, I mentioned in another thread that Too Faced makes a nice lighter weight foundation that has a brush on it. It works like a stick foundation in that you just screw the bottom to release a little foundation into the brush and swipe it onto your cheeks, chin, nose and forehead. Then use either your fingers or the brush to blend. It's so fast and easy.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i'm just like you. i use NARS multiple in South Beach and it is the prettiest simplest bronzer i have ever used (not that ive tried many, but a few). since meeting that bronzer, i wish everything came in a stick!!!! i checked out a couple of the foundation wands (including the one mentioned by mrspopper) but i wasnt too sure about them. i decided to go to Mac and let them figure out what i want/ need. first guy gave me studio fix plus foundation. that didnt work out cause my skin is normal- closer to dry than to oily. i just returned it today for studio tech. i just tried it on this moment and i already can tell its going to work.

my skin is clear n i just wanted something because i tend to get red easily. cream foundation, my understanding, is for dry skin, or skin that has some acne scarring, since it so heavy. thanks to youtube :love4: i found out how to use Studio Tech to give me light coverage- i just pat some of it on with a foundation brush and spread it with a triangle wedge misted with fix +. it seriously looks really natural and my skin is looking flawless! i always wonder what girls did to get that perfect looking skin.

this is not the 'simple solution' i was hoping for. but i think i could incorporate it to my routine.

g/l
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i have studio tech and haven't figured out how to use it right. I have the 190 brush (which I adore), so I'll try applying it with that and then spreading with a wedge sponge.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    curlyarca wrote: »
    i have studio tech and haven't figured out how to use it right. I have the 190 brush (which I adore), so I'll try applying it with that and then spreading with a wedge sponge.

this was one of my deciding factors.

this girl is one of my favs, and she also helped with the application.

hope this helps.

CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Fafi is so cute! Have you ever watched NikkiTutorials?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Fafi is so cute! Have you ever watched NikkiTutorials?

just checked out Nikki... she an interesting person!! i really liked this look.

wash with Low Poo or Poo
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlyarca wrote: »

this was one of my deciding factors.

this girl is one of my favs, and she also helped with the application.

hope this helps.

So I tried this method...and it worked! Of course I just wet a sponge with tap water to sheer out the Studio Tech. It's medium to full coverage for sure. With concealer and powder applied, I looked (almost) airbrushed, and my skin looked pretty much flawless. HOWEVER, I've decided that this is not a look I want for myself daily. If I'm going to an event and want to look perfectly perfect and totally matte, sure. I think I like the dewier look I sport daily with tinted moisturizer.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    im in love W/ the bobbi brown tinted balm in medium dark. . im not a "face make up" wearer & it def makes my skin look dewy, very natural! I dont really have bad skin, but I have slight uneveness due to a few break outs Ive made worse by picking @ them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file