revlon colorstay ultimate lipcolor - UPDATE

luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
ulta was doing a sale on some revlon products. 2 for $8 so i picked up my fav mascara and the revlon colorstay ultimate lipcolor. oh my!! it goes on like paint, thin and sort of liquidy (it's in a tube with a brush) but it dries and the color is great and it does not come off. it looks fab! the only thing i don't like, if i press my lips together if feels a little weird/dry. i'm curious to see how this lasts all day. i know it doesn't come off on my tea cup which makes it perfect for work. gotta make sure i scrub and moisturize my lips tonight.

anybody else try this lipstick?
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I can't use any of those "long wearing" lipcolors more than 1 day in a row. They dry my lips out terribly. Lizard lips don't look pretty.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i hate it!! uh at lunch the litpstick was still stuck to my lips and i just felt DRY! urgh. it won't come off. i'm returning it. i realize i press my lips together too much and don't like the feeling...i love this color though. i'll have to find something similiar in my beloved mac.

***eta: folks on makeupalley were saying this is tolerable with a gloss over it. i'll try that tomorrow because the color is still there so that is a plus but my lips just feel too dry. if that doesn't work i'll be returning this!***
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    i hate it!! uh at lunch the litpstick was still stuck to my lips and i just felt DRY! urgh. it won't come off. i'm returning it. i realize i press my lips together too much and don't like the feeling...i love this color though. i'll have to find something similiar in my beloved mac.

***eta: folks on makeupalley were saying this is tolerable with a gloss over it. i'll try that tomorrow because the color is still there so that is a plus but my lips just feel too dry. if that doesn't work i'll be returning this!***
    i haven't found anything comparable to mac for my lips :( i'm addicted :happy2:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hippychic wrote: »

i haven't found anything comparable to mac for my lips :( i'm addicted :happy2:

girl i'm SO back to mac...oh well.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    I recently tried Stila lip glaze. It stays on for a few hours and doesn't dry my lips out. It's not sticky either.

Makeup Forever also has good glosses that stay on for hours and moisturize.

I still love my MAC lustreglass though!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    curlyarca wrote: »

ding ding ding...i guess i was typically getting the mac lipglass...nice. well i tried the lustreglass. 1st off the brush is so much better. it's nice. i found a similiar color to the revlon. no drying and icky feeling. that's the last time i try to branch out just because of a sale or a pretty shade.
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Did the balm at the other end from the color not help?

I couldn't get this stuff (Revlon) to dry evenly. I finally gave up and threw it out Sunday.

ding ding ding...i guess i was typically getting the mac lipglass...nice. well i tried the lustreglass. 1st off the brush is so much better. it's nice. i found a similiar color to the revlon. no drying and icky feeling. that's the last time i try to branch out just because of a sale or a pretty shade.

Lustreglass is my favorite gloss ever. Not sticky. Moisturizing. Just enough sheen. Nice colors. Which did you get? Venetian? I absolutely adore Venetian. I have Ornamental and TrancePlant, too. Used to have Star Nova but I gave it to a girlfriend who it suited much better. I've been wanting Luminary lately, it's supposed to be the replacement for the now discontinued Flowerosophy.

I never liked Lipglass. It's just too tacky/sticky. And I don't like the applicator at all.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

i got decorative. it's hot! i was looking at trance plant..hmmm

ninja, the kind i got was marketed as being the color and balm in one step. eww. whatever, never again!
    TrancePlant complements my natural lip color. My skin is a golden brown, but my lips are darker, to the point where they appear purple. So TrancePlant is one of my go-to glosses. Ornamental is also a great neutral. They're both things you can slap on in a hurry and look good. Great for work.

Venetian is pale pink to bright cherry red depending upon how you apply it.

If I remember correctly you are like an NW45 right? I'm NC45. Maybe it's not such a far stretch that colors that look good on me would look good on you?

• ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    i got decorative. it's hot! i was looking at trance plant..hmmm

ninja, the kind i got was marketed as being the color and balm in one step. eww. whatever, never again!

Oh! Well, the two step was lousy, too. :glasses10:
    TrancePlant complements my natural lip color. My skin is a golden brown, but my lips are darker, to the point where they appear purple. So TrancePlant is one of my go-to glosses. Ornamental is also a great neutral. They're both things you can slap on in a hurry and look good. Great for work.

Venetian is pale pink to bright cherry red depending upon how you apply it.

If I remember correctly you are like an NW45 right? I'm NC45. Maybe it's not such a far stretch that colors that look good on me would look good on you?

thanks for the detail! and great memory. i'm an nw43 in mac even though i avoid mac foundation like the plaque now, lol!
    Yeah I don't use MAC foundation either. It's too....something, I dunno. I have a studio tech I've been trying to make work. It's up for it's last trial and then to the trash if it doesn't perform.

Yeah I don't use MAC foundation either. It's too....something, I dunno. I have a studio tech I've been trying to make work. It's up for it's last trial and then to the trash if it doesn't perform.

i feel ya but the mac shades are so useful for explaining your complexion/shade since so many people know them. now i'm a fierce sphynx in meowcosmetics which is love! mac made me breakout horribly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file