A good linguine recipe for father's day?? help!

DixieDixie Posts: 6Registered Users
The other night we went to Cucina Cucina and we had the Linguine with roasted chicken...and we really liked it so I want to make it for my dad for Father's Day.

Does anybody have a good recipe?
~Hair type: incoherent! usually curly wavy with a few ringlets thrown in
~Favorite Products: Biolage Gelee, Joico Ice Whip, Alterna Hemp Seed Texturizing Glaze
**CG GIRL**
*The straight-haired girls, they all want curls*

Comments

• webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    there are so many ways you can go with linguinie - as a baked dish, with a creme sauce, or something light with tons of veggies. Your best bet is to go to a farmer's market and picking out veggies that are seasonal and fresh. I'd also check out epicurious or foodtv.com for ideas. My personal favorite is tossing in a bunch of seafood and serving with a fra diablo (spicy red) sauce.
    hello.world.
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks so much! I found a recipe that sounds pretty good on foodtv.com! The difficulty level is "easy" but since I've never made it before and it needs to be perfect for Father's Day, should I buy enough for 2 recipes and try it out before then?
    ~Favorite Products: Biolage Gelee, Joico Ice Whip, Alterna Hemp Seed Texturizing Glaze
    **CG GIRL**
    if you post the recipe I could probably give you an idea of how easy or not so easy it is. how many people in your party?

another option is to also serve a salad and an appetizer (ie fresh rustic bread with some high quality olive oil dipping sauce, or bruchetta) so you dont have to serve as much main course.
    hello.world.
    Here's the recipe that I'm going to use. I also bought some bread and fresh brocolli to serve with it.
    And I'm only cooking for 4- so that will make it much easier!

Broccoli Pesto Linguine

This homemade broccoli pesto is super quick. The whole meal is ready in only 20 minutes.

1 cup boiling water
    2 MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon Cubes
    1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, prepared according to package directions, drained
    1/3 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
    1 package (9 oz.) BUITONI® Linguine
    4 fresh basil leaves (optional)
    COMBINE water and bouillon in small bowl; stir to dissolve. Place bouillon mixture, broccoli, cheese, basil, oil and garlic in food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth to form pesto.
    PREPARE pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss pesto with pasta. Season with ground black pepper. Garnish with basil leaves.
    Makes 4 servings.
    **CG GIRL**
  • rozzierozzie Posts: 1Registered Users
    I am probably late with this recipe, but I guarantee this is delicious and very easy!

Fettucine (or linguine would be fine) with tomato, basil and mushrooms

2 cups cream
    2 T fresh chopped basil
    3 cloves garlic finely chopped
    1 C sliced mushrooms
    1/4 t salt
    1 medium tomato peeled, seeded and diced
    1/2 C grated parmesan

1 lb fresh pasta (i use dried)
    1 gallon water
    1 T salt

In large shallow sauce pan combine cream, basil, garlic, mushrooms and salt. Reduce over heat until thick. This takes about 10 minutes.

Cook pasta until barely tender. Toss with thickened cream mixture and tomatoes. Top with parmesan. I also add baked boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Edited to add this serves 4.

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: rozzie ]
    Thanks rozzie!! It's nice to have a recipe that I know will be turn out well!
    **CG GIRL**
    your recipe sounds super easy. just check the salt content of your boullion cubes. it's always easier to add salt afterwards than to take away salt
    hello.world.
    Thanks for your help, webjockey and rozzie! It turned out great!

Easy, fast and delicious! What more can you ask for? icon_biggrin.gif
    **CG GIRL**
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dixie:
    Thanks for your help, webjockey and rozzie! It turned out great!

Easy, fast and delicious! What more can you ask for? icon_biggrin.gif
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which one did you make? The recipe above that calls for cream -- what could you substitute for it. Cream is so fattening, but the recipe sounds delicious.
    3b/c
    I ended up using the Broccoli Pesto Linguine. I have extra linguine, though, so I'm going to try some more recipes!

As for a healthier substitute for cream...I'm not sure.
    **CG GIRL**
    you can use 1/2 and 1/2 and thicken it by mixing a bit of cornstach in the liquid. it wont be as rich as if you use full cream, but you'll save a bunch on calories.
    hello.world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file