FSG - FS meal ok?

battahbattah Registered Users Posts: 273 Curl Neophyte
We have several bags of flax seed meal in the fridge, so I thought I'd try using them for FSG before I bought new stuff. Am I asking for a big mess, or will the meal work ok? Perhaps in a tea ball?
Trying to figure out porosity - medium to low, I think? Medium texture, rapidly greying, and free of dye/relaxers since 2010. 

Claim to fame - Inventor of plopping when it was called "the towel trick"!!

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    You could try it, but it's plenty hard to strain out the little flax seeds. I always end up with a few seeds in my gel, even when I strain it twice.

It seems like with the meal you'd end up with gel with meal in it, unless you had some sort of industrial-quality, centrifuge flax-meal-gel separator.

But, you know, give it a go. ;)
  • janeylizjaneyliz Registered Users Posts: 777
    If you strain it through a pop-sock you don't get any seeds in the gel - and I think it would work for the ground flax too.
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • battahbattah Registered Users Posts: 273 Curl Neophyte
    Silly question, but are pop socks the same as nylons/pantyhose?

I guess that makes sense, I use nylons to filter my henna powder to get a nice, fine paste for drawing.

Thanks!

I guess I'll give it a go. Worst case scenario I'm out a knee-high and some flax seed meal.
    Trying to figure out porosity - medium to low, I think? Medium texture, rapidly greying, and free of dye/relaxers since 2010. 

• AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    Hmm. I don't think it will work but give it a go.

If you want to use up some flax seed meal you can make face masks/washes/srubs from it.

It's part of Jess the Mess's Amazing Face Wash Routine. I think its in the skin care board. It's flax mixed with oatmeal and goat's milk. I use the flax seed meal and it works great. love this is a scrub or mask for my face!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • battahbattah Registered Users Posts: 273 Curl Neophyte
    Oooh the face stuff sounds yummy! Maybe I'll just save the meal for cooking - it's for DH's cholesterol, but he ended up ordering something like 4 bags of it so we have a lot! I'll just get some seeds. The more I read about recipes, the more I think the meal won't work.

• taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614
    Put the linseed in a cotton soup bag before cooking.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file