i was wondering if...

kinky-girlkinky-girl Registered Users Posts: 34
Does anyone know a recipe (or somewhere I can find a recipe) that works as a nice moisturizer for after you wash your hair, because my hair tends to become dry and brittle (even when I let it air dry). Please & Thanks you :)
Just taking things nice & slowly
Growing my hair out until I just can't stand the two textures.

-Being straight is for squares
-Being curly is what its all about :afro:

My Fotki
http://public.fotki.com/kinkygirl123/

Comments

• writerchick0908kalwriterchick0908kal Registered Users Posts: 14
    Well, this isn't exactly a recipe, but I have dry 4a hair as well (natural), and an old tried and true trick that my mom and grandma have taught me is an at home deep conditioner. I use the Carol's Daughter Hair Smoothie. Put a lot (but not too much) on every part of your hair. Wet a towel completely and then (this sounds crazy and dangerous, but if you do it right it's really not and it works) fold it up and stick it in the microwave in thirty second intervals (never leave and always keep your eye on it) until it's very warm to reasonably hot. Leave it on until the towel gets cold. You can do it again if you want, but you definitely don't have to. Wash the conditioner out and then feel your hair. It will be AMAZINGLY soft, and all dryness will gone. I recommend air drying after that. More heat, especially blow drying, will just dry your hair out again. Trust me! Just make sure you comb your hair out well. I have the kinkiest hair ever. Trust me when I say that if you don't, you're in bog trouble. Good luck! :)
  • writerchick0908kalwriterchick0908kal Registered Users Posts: 14
    Well, this isn't exactly a recipe, but I have dry 4a hair as well (natural, just recently finished growing out of the relaxer after one year :D), and an old tried and true trick that my mom and grandma have taught me is an at home deep conditioner. I use the Carol's Daughter Hair Smoothie, but you can use any conditioner that works for you. Put a lot (but not too much) on every part of your hair. Wet a towel completely and then (this sounds crazy and dangerous, but if you do it right it's really not and it works) fold it up and stick it in the microwave in thirty second intervals (never leave and always keep your eye on it) until it's very warm to reasonably hot. Make sure you check how warm it is periodically. Leave it on your hair until the towel gets cold. You can do it again if you want, but you definitely don't have to. My mom does it twice, but I only do it once. Wash all of the conditioner out and then feel your hair. It will be AMAZINGLY soft, and all dryness will gone. I recommend air drying after that. More heat, especially blow drying, will just dry your hair out again. Trust me! Just make sure you comb your hair out well. I have the kinkiest hair ever. Trust me when I say that if you don't, you're in big trouble. Good luck! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file