CG Regimen

I am so excited to have found this board I have been reading for hours. What is the CG regimen? or where can I find it? Also what basic tools and products will I need? I have 2 -3a hair, naturally blonde, and I dyed t black and have recently had it stripped so its badly damaged. My husband never uses shampoo and he has the most beautiful hair ever. I am excited to get on the road to beautiful hair. Also could you point me to the most beneficial sections I should be reading, I have read all over the place and am starting to get confused. Thank you :)
3a hair, blonde, colored black then stripped after 6 months, now very dry frizzy and damaged :( Using KMS hair prepare which helps more the anything I have tried so far, but still need lots of help.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    If you were thinking about trying the CG method, probably your best bet would be to read Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. If you don't want to buy it, you can get it at the library or sometimes it's offered on the book swap board:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=13

Or you can purchase it new here:

http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Girl-by-Lorraine-Massey-p-153.html
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    Most CGs use conditioner on a regular basis. wether its every day, every other day, or once/twice a week.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56777 those are some CG friendly products you can use to style or take care of your hair.
    3b-3c CG
  • Tearose1070Tearose1070 Registered Users Posts: 7
    so I need a conditioner for everyday and a deeper conditioning ones for sfter that? is that correct, I work out 6 days a week so I need wash my haie with conditioner daily. This is what I think I need, am I right?

diffuser
    honey (to add to conditoner)
    Lemon juice (to add to conditioner)
    Conditioner for everyday
    deeper conditioning product
    a cone free styling product like Got2Be spiked

How does this look?
    3a hair, blonde, colored black then stripped after 6 months, now very dry frizzy and damaged :( Using KMS hair prepare which helps more the anything I have tried so far, but still need lots of help.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    That looks like a good list of things to try. You don't *need* to use all of those things, though. You'll have to experiment a bit to figure out what works best for your hair and schedule. For example, I find that lemon juice irritates my scalp. You might also want to buy a microfiber towel for plopping (I don't know where that link is, but someone else will).

There are some ingredients you'll need to avoid in addition to ones that end in -cone (incidentally, -none is fine--those are just preservatives). Ingredients that end in -xane can be very tough silicones to remove. Waxes (whether natural or paraffin) and mineral oil/petrolatum are insoluble in water. Lanolin and castor oil can also cause build-up, I think, as can polyquats. But any ingredient that begins with "PEG (number)" is water-soluble, and ok to use.

It's kind of hard to remember everything at first. When you start out, you might want to stick to CG products that have already been recommended on these boards. I'd definitely check out the link that Blush provided. A good way to start off might be to raid your supermarket or dollar store for cheap conditioners and styling products (since my hair has a much different texture, I can't recommend a particular one for you).

Plus, since you're a wavy, you might want to use a non-sulfate shampoo once a week or so--especially since you'll be conditioning your hair so often. Otherwise, your hair might get fluffy and weighed-down. I like Avalon Organics Lavender Nourishing Shampoo (probably not available at the drugstore) for getting rid of normal build-up. Cheap, popular moisturizing poos are Isoplus and Paves.

Don't forget to use the Search feature (the one with orange letters that's in between FAQ and Memberlist) to find products and suggestions in past threads. Also, don't worry about searching out a copy of Curly Girl before you start (although it can be helpful). I didn't read it until a few months in, and I got the impression that most of the useful information has wound up on these boards!

Good luck with your hair!!
  • Tearose1070Tearose1070 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Thanks Eilonwy for all that great info. I was looking my my PPS shampoo and conditioner and it looks like theirn safe I didn't check for waxs however or oils. I need to get to the store and see if we carry White Rain or Suave here. I am in Australia so I am not sure I am from America though. I also have a hair mask thats high in protain. So today I washed my hair with the shampoo since I had styling product with cones in it then I scrubbed with the conditioner then put the mask in and left it for a few min then I rinsed with very cold water but didn't rinse it all out, then I plopped with an old T-shirt.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file