CurlTalk

I made a hair blog!

NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
After searching high and low for a hair blog for Biracial/African American children's hair and only finding one through this website (happyhairgirl.com, love it!) I decided to make my own. My daughter is Biracial (1/2black, 1/4mexican, 1/4white) with 4A hair mixed with 3C. Please follow the blog if you will. Thanks so much!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fbeadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

I am also open to suggestions.
Hz5exYvWIb4
Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:

Comments

  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    Very cute blog!! Your daughter is adorable and the hair styles are gorgeous!

    I couldn't find the happyhairgirl blog..is it still active?
    FIA 2c/3aFi

    Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

    Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthewavytales.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    Thanks so much!

    Yes her blog is still active, this is the link /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.happygirlhair.com%2F" class="Popup
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • bandsbaby6bandsbaby6 Posts: 55Registered Users
    Checked out the blog and liked it! I will be following it! Any suggestions on how to keep your daughter still and distracted??? I am always looking for more of those ideas! I have a two (3bc) and four (4a) year old daughters. Keep it up!
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    Thank you!!!

    Keeping my daughter distracted is pretty basic, lol

    Favorite cartoon/movie
    Snack
    Toy/books
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    Oh and of course I have to act like I'm interested in whatever she is watching, lol. I'll sing a long with the cartoon and act like I'm really into it and she just goes along with it...haha =)
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • Katie@HappyGirlHair.comKatie@HappyGirlHair.com Posts: 31Registered Users
    Thanks for the link NikG20. We are still here and posting to HGH all the time.

    NikG20, your blog is great and the styles you do just amaze me. I can't wait to try some. BTW, I sent email to your Yahoo account but I'm not sure if you check it.
    Alexjoujou wrote: »
    Very cute blog!! Your daughter is adorable and the hair styles are gorgeous!

    I couldn't find the happyhairgirl blog..is it still active?
  • sweetypiesweetypie Posts: 86Registered Users
    NikG20 wrote: »
    After searching high and low for a hair blog for Biracial/African American children's hair and only finding one through this website (happyhairgirl.com, love it!) I decided to make my own. My daughter is Biracial (1/2black, 1/4mexican, 1/4white) with 4A hair mixed with 3C. Please follow the blog if you will. Thanks so much!

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fbeadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

    I am also open to suggestions.
    Oh, what a wonderful :thumright: blog. So many good hairstyle ideas. You are so creative.

    4b
    BC May 2009
    less product is enough
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    sweetypie wrote: »
    NikG20 wrote: »
    After searching high and low for a hair blog for Biracial/African American children's hair and only finding one through this website (happyhairgirl.com, love it!) I decided to make my own. My daughter is Biracial (1/2black, 1/4mexican, 1/4white) with 4A hair mixed with 3C. Please follow the blog if you will. Thanks so much!

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fbeadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

    I am also open to suggestions.
    Oh, what a wonderful :thumright: blog. So many good hairstyle ideas. You are so creative.

    Thank you very much!!!! :)
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • zenallazenalla Posts: 159Registered Users
    Your daughter's hair are just beautiful. You must have fun playing with them...

    Not each mom of biracial children know how to deal with their children hair. It was my case as a biracial/African-european child. I was so fed up of my hair that I actually ask my mom to have them cut at ten years old.
    I even didn’t know that I had a curl pattern as my mom combed my hair when dry :happy3:, I don’t need to make you a pic :afro:

    So to me it’s nice that you already explore your daughter's curl pattern, which is so lovely
    3B-A, colored, med texture-density, High porosity

    DT: AOHRS - CJHBDF - Mixed Chicks
    Loo-Poo 2/week: Eluence volume,YTT-YTC poo, Co-wash 2/week: Suave Tropical - V05 Strawberries (water wash the rest)
    Conditioner: Mop Top, Toe Shea, AOHRS, AOGBP
    Leave-in:KCKT , Darcy Peach Kernel, Aloeba,YTT/YTC co,Christine Grant LI
    Stylers: KCCC, CJ CCC, DMMC, Mixed Chiks, BB Jellie Creme, HESMU, Mop Top gel, HPO curling pudding

    Fotki:/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fzenalla1%2F" class="Popup (updated in June 2010)
    PW: mixedcurly
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    Great blog. My only question is why did you feel you had to chemically process your daughters hair? She already had loose curls.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

    www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr


  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    Great blog. My only question is why did you feel you had to chemically process your daughters hair? She already had loose curls.

    My daughter's hair is chemical free. You must be talking about the girl in Diva Spotlight.
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    @ zenalla, thank you!!
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • afrikurlafrikurl Posts: 736Registered Users
    I just want you to know that you inspired me. I am Black and have Black child. Although I take care of her hair, I am now inspired to treat her hair with the very best of care. It is clear to me that you take a lot of pride in styling her her so that she can have alot of pride in herself. What you are doing with her will send her self esteem to heights that not one will be able to tear down. Every mother wants that for their children. Your creativity is amazing and you will help so many mothers to help their children understand they are perfect in every way. THANK YOU!
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    afrikurl, thank you soooooooo much!!! That really means a lot to me!:love5: I appreciate it!
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • tsha74tsha74 Posts: 81Registered Users
    Love, Love the site. My daughter and I went to your site last night and love all the beautiful hair styles.

    My daughter will be turning 10 next month and will be starting basketball soon so I'm definately going to learn how to do the 3 straid twists. In my heist for her to have managable hair I texturized her hair now she is transitioning with me.

    Your blog has definately gotten up motivated to maintain her tranisiting locs with style.

    Keep up the good work and ideas!!:thumbright:
    Last Relaxer: Nov 2008
    Transitioned: 18 months
    BC: April 4/20/2010
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    tsha74 wrote: »
    Love, Love the site. My daughter and I went to your site last night and love all the beautiful hair styles.

    My daughter will be turning 10 next month and will be starting basketball soon so I'm definately going to learn how to do the 3 straid twists. In my heist for her to have managable hair I texturized her hair now she is transitioning with me.

    Your blog has definately gotten up motivated to maintain her tranisiting locs with style.

    Keep up the good work and ideas!!:thumbright:

    Thank you so much! I think it is great that you are transitioning together! Yes you can do the 3 strand twist. I always say if I can, YOU CAN. lol I used to be so styling challenged. Good luck with your journey! BTW, So cool that she is going to start playing basketball!!
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    NikG20 wrote: »
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    Great blog. My only question is why did you feel you had to chemically process your daughters hair? She already had loose curls.

    My daughter's hair is chemical free. You must be talking about the girl in Diva Spotlight.
    oh ok...

    Your blog helped me recently with my little sister's hair. I showed my mom your blog too and I think she got some good tips from it.

    great blog.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

    www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr


  • CurlyFemmeCurlyFemme Posts: 15Registered Users
    I love your blog! Um I want your daughter's hair when I grow up! :compress:
  • tsha74tsha74 Posts: 81Registered Users
    NikG20 wrote: »
    tsha74 wrote: »
    Love, Love the site. My daughter and I went to your site last night and love all the beautiful hair styles.

    My daughter will be turning 10 next month and will be starting basketball soon so I'm definately going to learn how to do the 3 straid twists. In my heist for her to have managable hair I texturized her hair now she is transitioning with me.

    Your blog has definately gotten up motivated to maintain her tranisiting locs with style.

    Keep up the good work and ideas!!:thumbright:

    Thank you so much! I think it is great that you are transitioning together! Yes you can do the 3 strand twist. I always say if I can, YOU CAN. lol I used to be so styling challenged. Good luck with your journey! BTW, So cool that she is going to start playing basketball!!

    Not only is she wearing them but so am I. She likes to wear them twisted, I prefer to wear mine loose.:thumright:
    Last Relaxer: Nov 2008
    Transitioned: 18 months
    BC: April 4/20/2010
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    Aww, thanks ladies!!! :)
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog: